My... Teacher?

I blushed a little, looking to the top of his head to see a very nice set of horns and to his ears, which was very pointy.

"Was he an elf? Can't be, he looks like something else! Maybe he's a star touched elf, it'd explain why he looks like he's glowing, plus he's kind of cute." I thought

I lifted my hood down and introduced myself to him, he was taken aback by something and a very royal blush covered his cheeks. He shook off the blush as soon as it first appeared.

"...Nice place. You know magic?" He pointed to my books.

"Not really, I'm self teaching myself since nobody would and I'm completely terrible at it!" I was so embarrassed that I couldn't do magic, I really hated that about myself.

"Mmmm... Maybe I can teach you, I know a thing or two." He offered with a evilly kind smile.

I rubbed the back of my head, "I'm not sure..."

It was silent for a couple of moments until he broke it, "Well if you change your mind I'll be here when you need me."

Then he used his magic to snuff out the light from the fireplace and the mirror became reflective once again.

I sighed and took the bug off my ear and placed it on top of my desk, headed upstairs and shut the secret entrance

It's been a few days since I stole the mirror, the castle has been turned upside out. Guards going through everyone's rooms looking for the mirror, some servants even got beaten for not saying what they wanted to hear. Since I worked in the dungeons most of the time no guards expected me to be a suspect.

I got home and decided to go back into the basement where I found the mirror was looking into the lavished library, Aaravos was sitting at a desk with a pile of books stacked to the side while he read another.

I looked around for the bug but I couldn't find it so I knocked lightly on the glass to get his attention, which it did.

He came over with a sharp smile and rubbed one of his long ears with his finger, signalling for me to put the bug on.

Suddenly the bug emerges from the shadows of the mirror, I placed it behind my ear and allowed it to get comfortable before Aaravos started to talk

"So, have you come to take up my offer?" He asked curiously.

I nodded and blushed at his deep voice, trying to get rid of it before Aaravos would notice.

He then turned back to the desk and grabbed a couple of the books off the top and brought them back, placing them down on a table which appears out of nowhere.

He turned a book's cover and looked through it before looking back up to me, "Shall we begin?"

For the last few nights me and Aaravos have been training evey night after my shift in the dungeons, learning how to conjure magic, which I could hardly do until now.

We've been at this for hours and I think that Aaravos is getting tired; I am too.

"We can continue tomorrow, you look tired." I said looking at his tired face as he started to yawn for lack of sleep.

He looked to me in shock and then answered, "No, I'm fine. We must continue."

"We'll continue after you've rested, besides I'm kind of tired too." I suggest looking to the exit, longing for the sweet embrace of my warm bed.

He sighed and shut the book, "Fine, tomorrow then?"

I nodded and before I took the bug off he spoke, "You're so different from the others."

I stopped in my tracks and looked to him once again, "Pardon?"

"All the others didn't exactly care about my feelings and focused only on themselves. Selfish to the core, except you." He looked to be in a caring way, "What makes you different to the others?"

An awkward Silence flooded the room until I spoke, "I don't know."

We bid eachother goodnight, placed the bug onto the desk like always and I left the basement.

I flopped onto my soft bed and turned to look at the candle which burned at the other end of the room. Swiftly I used my new skill and brought the fire over into my hands and extinguished it, falling asleep soon after.

I think this partnership with Aaravos is going to be awesome.