Getting Closer

For the last few weeks now me and Aaravos has been getting to know eachother better, talking about how we're brought up and etc.

I also found that he was a star touched elf and he was very powerful in the magic department; he could also do dark magic. He promised that when I'm ready we'd begin using it and I'd learn how to fully understand and control it.

Unfortunately we've got lots of things to cover first, it'll be even harder for me to learn since I'm only human. Apparently elves find it easier to preform magic since they've got more of a link to it then humans..? Something like that.

Honestly stealing that mirror has been the best decision in my life; I've got a great friend/ teacher and a little pet bug which is kinda freaky since my friend talks through it.

I'm going around the castle looking for a staff that Viren was using before his capture. Why am I doing this? Well...

~~Earlier That Day~~

I woke to a voice whispering my name, prompting for me to get up. As I vision returned I realized Aaravos' Caterpillar was latched tightly onto me ear, I sighed remembering that the night before I've forgotten to take it off.

I got out of bed and headed straight down to the basement where Aaravos waited, on the other side of the mirror.

"Good morning, is there any reason why you needed me to wake up?" I asked grouchily at the elf.

"I'm sorry my dear but I need you to obtain something for me." His apology sounded very sincere that he's worked me from my slumber.

"I need you to collect a staff that Viren had before his capture, something you could use in your training." He continued giving me his signature devilish grin.

"...Fine, fine! I'll get you the damn thing!" I sighed knowing this would be another mission involving me stealing from the castle again.

I strolled back up the stairs and grabbed my cloak which hanged on a peg in the wall, putting it on and heading out.

Before arriving at the castle I heard Aaravos whisper to me a small "Thank you," which lead to me saying "No problem."

And now I'm here after my shift looking for the damn staff, I looked in all the armouries but no luck. I then noticed that the door of Amaya's office where I can see... The staff!

I looked in quickly to see Amaya was nowhere, perfect.

"Quickly, grab it before she comes back." Aaravos ordered and I followed.

I grabbed the staff and ran outside, into the woods towards my home. I think a guard saw me but good thing my hood was up.

I slowed down and walked the rest of the way home.

"So tell me about yourself, Aaravos." I was board and wanted to get to know him more. Also I knew he could hear me even with the bug on my ear,I just prefer talking face to face with him.

"What do you mean?" He asked curiously.

"You know, we haven't really gotten to know eachother that well over the last week and I think it'd be nice to get to know eachother!" I suggested.

"..." He didn't reply.

"Come on, it'll be fun! How about I ask a question, you answer and then you ask me one!" I suggest but all I got was a grunt, "I'll take that as a 'yes'!"

He sighed and waited for my question, "Okay, why were you put in the mirror?"

A long pause followed until he answered, "...The Dragon King thought I was a threat-"

"-To be fair you have connected with all six arcana and you know dark magic, so I understand why'd he'd be afraid!" I interpreted him, he huffed and sighed.

"Okay... Why do you want to learn magic." He asked in return.

"Hmm, why not? Nearly everyone in this world can use it so why can't I? Plus it could help me with daily tasks and stuff." I answered, confident as usual. "So, are you a threat?"

He paused and thought it over for a while until the house was in sight, "...To you? No."

I nodded and headed into the house, taking the staff down to the basement where I leaned it on the wall next to the bookshelf.

Aaravos was standing at the mirror like usual, smiling at me. I smiled back and sat on the chair that usually was trucked under the desk, still tired from running.

"Anything else you want to know about me?" I asked, he just shook his head. "Okay, suite yourself."

I leaned back into the chair as I was very tired and not in the mood for some magic today, he just stood there and watched.

"So if you're not a threat to me then are you still a threat?" I looked to him as he was surprised for me to say that.

"Only if people get in my way." He gave me a sweet smile, making a blush appear on my face. I tried to hide it but it only made him chuckle which only made it worse. "I love it when you're flustered."

"I-I'm not flustered!" I spat out, he retaliated with: "Then look at your face, you've turned red!"

I looked away and stopped rocking on the chair, still trying to hide my face from embarrassment.

I then stood up, bid him a good night, took off the bug and ran up the basement stairs. I slammed the hidden entrance shut and ran to my pillow and used it to hide my face.

For the last couple of days I've been developing some feelings towards Aaravos, but I shouldn't. I've only known him for a week but his voice, his smile, his... Everything!

This guy was the embodiment of everything I found attractive: the long hair, shrouded in mystery, sexy eyes and etc. He was just perfect!

He'd never get with someone like me... Would he?