ø7

A few days after we busted the guts out of the baseball, something pretty crazy happened. There was a lifeguard, her name is Allison Callahan, and I'm sure she hates us now. It was a hot summer day, not a good day to play baseball, and we needed something else besides baseball to do. We all sat around in the dugout, trying to get out of the sun. We had soda-pop, but is wasn't helping. The sun was just to hot for us. We all sat around complaining while we waited for D.P and Two-Ton to come back. Tommy and sent them to get a baseball from my Dad's store, Vincents Drug Store, and bring it to the sandlot. Knowing them, they probably went and got food or D.P started swooning, or both.

After a couple minutes of waiting, they finally arrived. "Tommy, we cant play with it being this hot! We could faint!" I complained. "Yeah, this isn't a good day for baseball" someone else added. Tommy groaned and asked, "well what are we going to do then?" I could see all the guys look at each other then back to Tommy. "Swimming!" They shouted and I agreed. It was about 105 degrees outside, so it was a good day for swimming. Tommy agreed and we all ran home to put on our swimming suits.

Once we all met back at the sandlot in out swimsuits, we walked to the community pool together. We went to the community pool every summer because of the lifeguard, Allison Callahan. Im pretty sure the boys loved her. Even though I am new, I have lived here before and I remember where everything was. After all, my Dad is Michael 'Squints' Palledorous. Allison Callahan was apparently in training to be a lifeguard during the time my mom was a lifeguard. Allison knew me, and I knew her. We weren't generally friends, but we were nice to each other.