13

Weeks passed, and the sandlot gradually got better looking. We stopped seeing EJ and his friends to the point where we forgot they even existed. It was just like another day. Yanno, just walking down to the sandlot as a group. Nothing to out of the ordinary. It was a cloudy day, and we all had nothing better to do. The sandlot was our home. Most of us grew up there. My dad especially. He grew up with Benny "The Jet", which is kinda cool if you think about it. Uncle Benny is a cool guy. He's not biologically related to him, but we call all the boys Dad played baseball with "Uncle." I dunno why, they just prefer it i suppose.
The sandlot looked so much better today. It had rained for a week, and although it was muddy, more grass was growing.
"We can't play baseball like this!" One of the boys stared at the mud covered field. The rest of us shrugged, and almost sunk as soon as we stood on the mud.
"Holy god-" I struggled to release my feet from the wet mixture of sand and dirt. Once i got out, my shoes hadn't looked even remotely close to how nice they were before. I didn't really care though, as i could simply wash them.
"Well?"
"Well what?"
"What are we gonna do now!"
Most of us shrugged, not a clue on what the possibilities were. We had gotten kicked out of the pool, the treehouse burned down and the sandlot was mud filled.
"Go home.." I muttered, and they all looked at me confused.
"what?"
"Go home!" i repeated louder, and their heads hung low.
"It's our only option.." I added, before making my way back home with my Dad, and the boys all dispersed back to where their homes were located