11

"Allie?" I heard voices around me say. I squinted my eyes to see, because it was very bright. "Allie are you okay?" They asked and i nodded. I had woken up in a white room, with all my friends and a few strangers around me. "Where am I?" i asked, before Tommy told me I was in the hospital. I suppose they noticed how confused I was, so everyone proceeded to tell me i had inhaled too much smoke from when the treehouse caught on fire and passed out.

The one thing that surprised me though, is the fact that I have no burn marks. I guess someone saved me before i could get burned. "thanks for saving me..." i smiled at the boys, seeing them smile back. I noticed Timber hadn't been with the group though. "Where's Timber?" I whispered to Wings. "He got mad and sad about you passing out from the fire he ran off" Wings responded. I didn't know what to say, so i kind of just laid there.

"Allison Palledorous?" A nurse called. I looked over at her, her blonde hair shimmering in the light, her pale blue eyes soft and caring. She reminded me of my mom, but in a odd way. "that's me" I responded to her, and she continued speaking. "You can leave whenever you're ready" she placed down a clipboard then walked out. Most of the boys followed her out, my guess is that they were going to play baseball. Tommy, Timber and my dad stayed behind. "You ready to go, Allie?" Dad asked, and I nodded. Standing up, the boys walked to the reception as I changed into a pair of jeans and a shirt. It wasn't a shirt i'd typically wear though. It was yellow, with red sleeves and on the back it had Palledorous on it. There was another one sitting in the chair that looked the same but had Timber written on the backside. I quickly pulled on the one that said 'Timber' and pushed the other into my bag. Lacing my shoes up, I walked out the door and met up with everyone else. I guess Timber noticed my shirt, because he had a huge smile on his face. It made me happy knowing that I made someone else happy.

On our way to the sandlot, the boys yapped about everything I missed. Apparently, EJ had came around the sandlot in hopes of looking for me. The boys told me that they said I had gone on a trip back to Australia, which he believed and left them alone. The treehouse got burned down, sadly, but it was a miracle I was alive still. They continued on with there stories, and I guess I zoned out for s bit because we arrived at the sandlot, and it looked atrocious.

"woah.... what happened here?!" I asked, everyone's jaws were dropped to the ground. "I.... I don't know.." Q answered. "EJ..." I heard someone mutter, before Timber pushed me back and ran into the sandlot. And there he stood, EJ Needman— well, before Timber punched him to the ground and started beating him up.

"HEY!" I screamed, running to them and pulling Timber off. "Calm down. It's nothing we can't fix." EJ stood up and ran off, a black eye forming. Timber looked down at his hands and sighed before agreeing with me. "we should start by flattening the infield dirt, then fixing the bases and redrawing the lines" I continued, scanning the field. "We need to collect bottles for money though" I finished, looking over at everyone, who was staring at me like I had spoken another language.