Without Me

Reiki P.O.V

I knocked on the door hesitantly, recoiling as I thought of her reaction at the sight of me. She always was so snappy after what happened.

Then the door busted open.

There stood the purple-eyed brunette, Violet.

"Oh, it's your ass. Leave before I hit that pretty-looking head of yours with my frying pan." Violet threatened through gritted teeth. She kept her frying pan in hand, ready to commit an assault.

"Look, Violet, I know we didn't end on a good note! But, my family found out and I can't go back home now!" I yelled trying to make her understand. She might come off aloof, but she's a softie at heart. If anyone was in trouble and needed help, she was your girl.

"Fine, come in and explain! But, the second I deem your problem as unworthy of my help, you're out of here!" she replied menacingly. Well, at least she isn't gritting her teeth and scowling like earlier. In fact, she just seemed exasperated, whether it be with my sudden appearance or her own selfless tendencies, I don't know.

She shifted herself to the side, enabling me to pass through the doorway. With every step I took, her glare only intensified. Once I stood inside, she quickly shut the door behind us and directed me towards seating. This consisted of one tan armchair and a beat-up couch of the same color

"I'm making tea, sit there for now as it'll take a while," she told me rushing towards the small kitchen at the corner of the space. Her voice became softer as she evidently lost herself in thought, rapidly making her way out of my line of vision.

I wonder how she's doing? Our relationship was better before them... before all of this.

"Hey, Violet do you... still work for them?" I asked reluctantly. It wasn't my place to ask, but she deserves better than that. That life isn't fun, or safe to begin with.

"Of course I do, it's not like I actually have papers to register for school. Plus, it's all I ever knew and unlike you, I never wanted this life," she replied refusing to make eye contact. As she uttered these words, she set down tea and a few snacks.

There really isn't any way out for her, is there?

"So, Reiki it's time you tell me what happened."

▪♡▪

KAI P.O.V

Dad soon left after hearing my reply. While I contemplated my options, my phone started buzzing. I checked the caller ID and saw a familiar name. I picked up the phone and swiped right.

"Yo, how did it go?" He asked frantically.

"It went fine, he asked me about Reiki and I answered truthfully," I replied calmly.

"You didn't tell him everything, right?" He asked raising his voice.

"Of course, I didn't! It went fine, Romeo!"

                                                                                      ▪♡▪

THIRD P.O.V

"Gale, look at what you've done! Are you trying to create problems that aren't there?" Nashi screamed angered by Gale's actions.

"Calm down, Nashi. Can't you see? Auntie Mira was acting weird." Gale replied calmly.

"Nashi, I think Gale is right. After all, I know my mom and she's never like this." Nova retorted before Nashi could say more.

"You know flamebrain if you actually pay attention to other people every once in a while, you would've already figured that out." Storm teased.

Nashi became very flustered and stomped out of the room embarrassed. Everybody in the room glared at Storm, especially Natsu. 

"What? I only said what we were all thinking!"

                                                                                        ▪♡▪

THIRD P.O.V

"I see, so that's how it is," Violet responded lost in her thoughts.

"So, will you let me stay?" Reiki asked anxiously, unsure of her response.

"Just this once, but I have one condition, you must go for now and come back later. This'll give you time to sneak into your house and grab your things." reasoned Violet before setting aside the snacks.

" Thank you. But, why don't you want me here now?" questioned Reiki pushing his luck. After all, curiosity killed the cat and Reiki had a death wish.

"Oh, I just need to ask my roommate about all this, she'll come any minute now. If she knew you were already here, she'd lose it," responded Violet her voice wavering. 

Reiki nodded his head in understanding and walked out the door. Violet slammed the door behind him and put her back against the door. Moments later as Violet remained in the same position, a blue-haired boy walked out of her bathroom.

"So, that's 'the Reiki' I presume." he inquired in a mocking tone. 

"Do you even care?" Violet retorted, the pain evident in her tone.

"You already know why I'm in this relationship, babe. Are you sure you want me to answer? Anyways where's my shirt?" replied the boy with a chuckle. 

"On my bedroom floor, Rin."

                                                                                         ▪♡▪

I am so sorry about the wait!! I was very busy with school and family related things. I honestly wanted the scene at Natsu's house to be longer but due to my poor scheduling I had to cut it so the chapter could come out faster...anyways thank you for bearing with me and all the support.