13:

'You & Me. Friday night?'

I grinned at the crumpled paper note Nate passed me in class.

'Sure. Where? :)' I wrote back and gave it to him. He made a little smile and gave me back the paper after writing something.

'Secret'

I looked at him and he smirked. I rolled my eyes but smiling. I was really looking forward for this kind of... date?

Then Patricia came inside the classroom. She looked at me, and spotted Nate sitting next to me. She raised an eyebrow and sat on a nearby chair.

I smiled in victory.

'Could it be that she's jealous?' I wrote Nate. When he read it he frowned and looked at me. But then slowly shook his head. I think Nate is hiding something from me, especially something that has Patricia involved.

~*~

"So... what time are you picking me up?" I asked Nate as I slung the strap of my bag on my shoulder.

"You should be ready at 7pm dress with something casual. We're not going somewhere special" He said.

I nodded "Sure" He was about to turn around and leave but I stopped his arm.

I hesitated for a moment before speaking "Can I ask you something? " He crossed his arms and nodded.

"What-What is going on between you and Patricia?"

His jaw clenched almost as quickly. "She... she...umm" He seemed to be hesitating.

"It's okay, don't tell me" I said, trying to sound calm with it but it came pretty harsh.

He held my arm "Brianna, shes-"

"Brianna!" I heard that chipmunk-like stupid voice. I groaned and turned to face the devil.

"Hey Patricia" I said with no emotion at all. Patricia looked at Nate then back at me "What's going on between you two?" She asked, she seemed nervous.

I immediately froze. I haven't told her who's my boyfriend.

"He-"

"I'm Brianna's boyfriend " Nate stepped forward, wrapping his long fingers around my petite hand.

"What? Please! What did she do? Threaten you to die if you refused? Anything like that could come from a freak like her" Patricia laughed mockingly.

Nate squinted his eyes "I'm the only one allowed to call her freak" Nate said. Wait? Was that him defending me or what, cause I totally don't understand.

Patricia laughed "So you do know she's a stupid freak? That's so low of you Nate"

Tears welled up on the corner of my eyes already.

"Well if someone who's going low is her for being with me, just how low Ashton did by pairing up with you. Hell, by even having the idea to actually marry you" He spat.

My grip on his hand tightened. "Well, you sure went low as well because that idea also crossed your mind " In that moment my heart dropped. Everything clicked.

Nate used to be in love with Patricia?!

~*~

When he said he would only attend the party because he knew I was coming, he went to the party to see her. When he asked me how it felt that the person you love is getting married to your enemy, he meant Patricia marrying Ashton. How he agreed so easily to the offer even though it was stupid, it was all for revenge and make Patricia jealous.