He Finally Shows Up

I would like to thank JadeRowan for inspiring me. Her book "Robin and the Avenegrs" really gave me motivation to write this.

BEFORE WE START! AGES OF THE BAT BROTHERS

Richard (Dick) Grayson: 25
Jason Todd: 20
Timothy (Tim) Drake: 16
Damian Wayne: 12

BACK TO THE STORY

"Jason! You're actually here" Dick said as he embraced his brother. Jason doesn't hug back but gives a pat on Dick's shoulder.

"Good to see you to Dick. Now can you let go of me?" Jason says. "Sorry. It's been what? Six months since I last saw you?" Dick said.

"Yeah." Jason says while smiling.

"So, what are you doing here anyways?" Dick asked. It wasn't like Jason to come back to Wayne Manor just to say hi or spend time with the family. It was more like Jason would come over for food.

"Oh you know, just in town for more gear. Thought I could stop by." Jason said. He didn't want to admit it but he kinda missed Dick and the gang. "Anyway, what are you doing here? Thought you moved to Bludhaven" Jason asked.

"I did. Kate and Steph are coming over, had something urgent to discuss. Told me to meet up at Bruce's place." Dick said.

"How is the old man anyway?"

"Still his usual self. He's actually at a conference meeting right now. Let's get inside, it's freezing." Jason grabbed his duffel bag from the floor and walked inside with Dick. It takes a good two minutes to reach the living area. The living area is huge. Jason could see that the place still looked like a haunted mansion. He also saw two figures on the couch. Or one at least, another was sitting on the sofa chair.

"Guys, looked who finally showed up" Dick said happily to Tim and Damian.

"Hey Jaybird"
"Hello Todd. Nice of you to show your face once in a while"

"Hi replacement. Hello to you too Demon Spawn" Jason said. Jason always greeted the two like this. Tim and Damian get used to it.

"C'mon everyone play nice, especially because of what happened the last time we were all in the same room together" Dick said. Let's just say things got rough the last time Jason showed up. Damian just rolled his eyes and Jason glared at him. Both now were glaring at each other. Good thing Alfred walked in.

"Master Jason. It is a pleasure seeing you here again" Alfred said to Jason.

"Good to see you to Alfred. Good thing I got here before we have a full house."

"And it will get fuller. Miss Barbra Gordon is coming this evening as well was Miss Kane and Miss Brown" Alfred said.

"This will be good. All three girls Dick has fallen in love with in one room, well all except Kori." Jason said. This got a snicker from Tim. And a chuckle from Alfred.

"Can you be mature for once Todd?" Damian said in his usual sarcastic voice.

"You want to talk about maturity? What about what happened last time I showed up here hmm?" Jason said in a slightly angered tone.

"Jason-" Tim said but was cut off by Jason.

"It was my birthday," Jason recalled "and I came over because I thought people cared about me but for my birthday present you got me a fucking crowbar!" Jason yelled at Damian.

"Sorry, thought you'd be over the whole thing because you're supposed to be 'mature', it also was pretty funny." Damian said. At this point the two were about to get into a fight.

"Alright! Enough! Can't we just have one day in which we don't kill each other! Please!" Dick said. Dick wanted to side with Jason on this argument but he knows better than to take sides. There was a eery silence.

"I am going to the training room. Drake, will you spar with me?" Damian asked in a calm tone.

"Uh yeah sure" Tim said. He put whatever he was making down and went with Damian upstairs. Jason sat down, so did Dick. Alfred left, knowing it was not his position to interfere.

"It seems like everyday you and Damian are more likely to get into a fight than him and Tim" Dick says. He sits down next to Jason. Jason doesn't reply. He is trying to get those bad thoughts out of his head, you know the ones where you relive your worst days.

"You know he doesn't mean it" Dick said.

"Sure" Jason said as he pulled out a cigarette. Dick immediately snatched it from his hands.

"Dick!" "Jason, you know you're not supposed to be smoking this crap." Dick said.

"C'mon Dick it's my last one!" Jason said as Dick ran away with the cigarette. Jason ran after him.

~A Few Hours Later~

Bruce didn't arrive home until nine pm. Jason was thankful for this. It was always weird when the two were in the same room. And every time they were in the same room an argument was bound to happen. Jason was in the living room packing up his things.

"Hey Jaybird, leaving so soon" Tim said

"You know me pretty bird, always have to be somewhere" Jason said.

"You know most of the fam is going on this super dangerous mission. It would be a bummer that you missed it" Tim said. He was trying to get Jason to stay a little while longer.

"Oh, that's sad. I'm pretty sure you guys have everything under control. Dick is athletic, you're smart, Damian is strong, Steph is stealthy, Kate is agile, and Bruce is Bruce. You guys have everything under control" Jason said.

"C'mon Jason. It's been a life time since you helped us out. We need you." Tim said.

"Correction, Bruce needs me" Jason said

"Please. Do it for me" Tim said pleadingly. Jason really didn't want to be on a mission with Bruce or Damian at the moment but he'd do anything for Tim.

"Ugh fine. Let me just get ready" Jason says.

"Yes! I'll tell everyone, see you downstairs" Tim said. He started to run to the entrance of the batcave. Jason just smiled and took out his phone to text Roy that he won't be back until tomorrow.

~A little while Later~

Jason finally got to the batcave with all his Red Hood gear ready. He decided to stand next to Steph before Bruce realized that Jason just got in the batcave.

"Hey Steph, hey Kate." Jason said.

"Hey Jay! Thought you left" Steph said.

"Nahh, this sounds like a cool mission" Jason said.

"Nice of you to join us Jason" Bruce said in his typical Bruce voice.

"Don't get all excited old man, this is a one time thing" Jason said. It was kind of true. Jason only did three things with the family. One was when Dick dragged him into the mess and the second time he tried to get Roy to cover for him but failed to do so. Bruce easily noticed the height difference since Jason is taller than Dick but Roy isn't. The third time........well, Jason would rather forget.

"Kate, what was this meeting about?" Dick asked.

"Steph and I found this mass of energy in Gotham. It's highly dangerous and can cause a catastrophic explosion and take out Gotham and any city around Gotham. Stephanie was able to track where the energy was coming from" Kate said.

"Indeed, the energy surge is coming from the rural area of Gotham. We better hurry, the energy surge is getting stronger. Alfred, can you guide you along the way?" Stephanie says.

"Of course Miss Brown." Alfred said. He soon got the computers loading and communication devices on.

"Alright. Robin come with me, everyone else follow" Bruce said. The team started to fall out and get in their cars, and motorcycles.