Brotherly Bonding (Part Two)

As the brothers continued along the zoo trail, the more they started to talk. The more they realized how happy they were. Dick noticed it especially. He noticed Tim and Damian actually getting along conversing like normal people. He noticed Jason being more out with his feelings, a thing Dick forgot Jason had. Hell, even they were talking more.

"No way Harry Potter is better than Percy Jackson man. Harry literally took down Voldemort at eleven." Dick said to Jason.

"Dick is your head in your ass or something? Percy took down a minotaur, medusa, fought Ares, and that's when he was only twelve. Okay, that dude took out a snake at three. He's more impressive than you Dicki." Jason said at Dick. Dick rolled his eyes. Guess they'll have to agree to disagree.

"Actually you two are both wrong. Aang is the better hero." Tim said from behind the two.

"I'll have to agree with Drake on this one." Damian said. Dick and Jason sighed. It was easier when one sided with the other, now they had to fight smart headed Tim and smart mouthed Damian.

The argument lasted until the reptile section of the zoo. But the argument wasn't harsh, in fact it was calm and almost half the time the four brothers were laughing as if they were joking the entire time.

As they got to the reptile section, Tim and Damian decided to go ahead and leave Dick and Jason behind. They decided to sit down on a bench and drink some fanta.

"Is it just me? Or is Tim and Damian getting along pretty scary?" Jason asked as they sat on one of the benches.

"Trust me Jay, it scares me a lot. I mean, I'm so used to those two fighting all the time." Dick said.

"You and me both brother." Jason said. Dick raised an eyebrow.

"Brother?"

"Don't question it. Let's go back to demon spawn and replacement again." Jason said quickly.

"Why do you still call them that?" Dick asked.

"Cause that's what they are." Jason said.

"Well between you and me, I think it hurts their feelings." Dick said. That was when Jason really started to pay attention. To him those nicknames were just nicknames. Well not at first. When he had learned Bruce replaced him with Tim, he was furious. He and Tim had their fair share when it came to fights. Hell, Jason kidnapped Tim once to get revenge. Soon enough the name 'replacement' became Tim and Jason's shadow.

Demon spawn was just cause Damian was the son of Talia al Ghul. And Jason knew just how dangerous his grandfather was. Plus Jason was pretty familiar with Talia. Maybe too familiar, anyways Jason learned that woman was just crazy. And anyways, demon spawn suited Damian. He was an assassin after all.

But now since he was cool with Tim and tolerated Damian when he had too, the nicknames solely became nicknames and nothing more. But he never knew it actually hurt the two.

"Really?" Jason said with hurt coming from his throat.

"I shouldn't really tell you this." Dick said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dick decided he needed a break from Bludhaven and needed to see his family. Plus, he wanted to really spend time with Damian to see how he was doing as the new Robin. Also he wanted to check in on Tim to see how school was treating him. Of course he wanted to see Alfred and Bruce. I mean, they did raise him.

The retreat was great, as it is always. Dick really enjoys home. Soon nightfall came onto the mansion. And that's when Nightwing appeared. It was a good patrol with Bruce, Tim ,and Damian. But even after patrol was done, the night was not over for Dick.