she was drinking tea in a garden

We ran through the busy streets, trying to get as far away from the school as we could. We ran into a building and began to laugh. "Yo, that was great." Brendon let out a soft chuckle, which made a smile quickly spread across my face.

The two of us looked ahead and saw people sitting and drinking various drinks. "Should we get something to drink?" I asked. "Why not?" Brendon shrugged before we both walked to a booth and sat down.

A lady with brown hair walked up to us. "Welcome, what can I get you two?" She asked with a bright smile on her face. "I'll just take a coffee." Brendon responded. "And for you?" The woman looked at me after writing in a notepad. "I'll have tea." I shrugged. "What kind?" She asked. Not knowing what types of tea they made at this place, I said, "Surprise me." She wrote something down once more then walked away after saying, "Alright, they'll be out soon."

"So, have you decided on if you actually like the person or not?" Brendon asked while looking around. "I'm not completely sure yet, but for all I know, I do." I nodded. "Oh, that's good. Are you planning on telling them?" He looked me in the eyes, causing my heart to pound madly. "No, I don't really want to fuck up our friendship or anything." I shook my head. "It's okay if you fuck up the friendship, there's a bunch of other people you're friends with, including me." He smiled. I looked down and nodded, forcing a smile. "Yeah." My eyes went up to meet his.

"Here you go, I hope you enjoy." The woman came back with our drinks. "Thank you." Brendon and I both said. The lady left and we began to speak again. "Bren, do you really think it's a good idea to be skipping again?" I asked. "I didn't say it was a good idea." He shrugged. "You can be so dumb at times." I laughed. "Not as dumb as you." He smirked. I smiled and took a sip of my tea.

I looked up and saw a familiar figure walking towards the cafe we were in. "Shit, Bren, duck." I warned Brendon before diving under the table. Brendon turned his head before slipping down. "Why is my mom getting lunch or whatever here when there's a place right next to where she works?" Brendon whispered. "Don't ask me, I'm not your mom." I shrugged.

My eyes followed Brendon's mom as she walked past our table and into the bathroom. "Let's go." I said before running off with Brendon following me. "Where do we go?" I murmured. "Should we just go back to school?" Brendon asked. "Yeah, sure." I nodded before we began to head down the sidewalk.

     I found myself lost in thought about Brendon once more. I wanted to intertwine my fingers with his and wrap my arms around him. I wanted to gaze into his brown eyes and for him to have no problem with me doing so. I closed my eyes and smiled as we continued to walk.

     "Hey Ry, are you okay?" His sweet voice snapped me out of deep thought. "Yeah, I'm good." I quickly nodded. "Are you sure? You seemed distracted." He raised an eyebrow with concern. "Yeah, no I'm fine." I shook my head. "Whatever you say." He chuckled.

     We arrived to school and snuck in through the back. "What time is it?" I asked. "Uhh, 10:53." He responded. "Alright, so, I'll see you after class." I said, not knowing what else to say. "Okay, bye Ry." He smiled that smile that makes me melt whenever I see it before walking away.

I made my way to my English class, thoughts still revolving around Brendon. Rubbing my arm, I approached my class and opened the door. Many faces turned to look towards me and I immediately had a huge wave of embarrassment crash onto me. "Ryan, you're late." My teacher, Mrs. Maxwell spoke from the back of the class before pausing whatever was playing on the screen. Everyone had their composition books out and was writing what I believe were notes.

     "Yeah, I know." I nodded before making my way to my seat. An expression of shock and confusion flashed onto Mrs. Maxwell's face and immediately disappeared. I sat down on the seat and slammed my books onto the desk. "Ryan, may you please stop causing a disruption?" Mrs. Maxwell's eyes narrowed as she raised her voice. "Just trying to get ready, mrs." I responded, looking down and opening my notebook. The teacher shook her head and resumed the video.

"Hey Ross." A familiar voice whispered to my left. I forgot I sat next to him.

"What do you want, Dallon?" I sighed. "Just want to talk to my best-" "We aren't friends." I interrupted him fairly loudly, causing attention to be drawn to me close by. "I know, I just like fucking with you, it's fun." He smirked. I shook my head and rested my face in my palms.

"Gotta take notes, Ross, make your boyfriend proud." Dallon smirked. "He's not my boyfriend." I gritted my teeth and grabbed onto the leg of my desk. "Uhuh, why have you guys been ditching lately then?" He cocked an eyebrow with a smirk that I wanted to smack off of his face. "Because we don't want to be in school?" I shot him a confused look, "Why were you following us?" "Just to bother you, anything else you want to say about your boyfriend?"

"Ryan, Dallon, be quiet." Mrs. Maxwell's voice boomed throughout the room. "Dal, you need to lay off of Ryan for once." A boy wearing an orange beanie tapped on Dallon's shoulder. "Shut up Ty, I can do what I want." Dallon snapped at the boy. "Dallon Weekes, would you like to tell us why you're yelling while we're taking notes?" Mrs. Maxwell shouted. "One, you are doing the same, and two, gladly. I was just messing around and teasing Ryan and Tyler told me I need to 'lay off of Ryan for once' and so I got mad and told him to shut up." Dallon glared over at me as if this whole situation was my fault. "That doesn't mean you should distract the whole class, now get back to work." She instructed.

We sat in silence for awhile. "Thanks for getting me in trouble, Ross." Dallon muttered. "Don't blame this on me, you started it." I kept my eyes on my notebook, doodling and writing things not related to whatever we were supposed to be doing. "You're the one who got all pissed over me teasing you over your boyfriend." He rolled his eyes and attempted to defend himself. "Brendon is not my boyfriend." I raised my voice a tiny bit, but it was enough to get the attention of others.

     "Dallon, you need to-" "Shut up Tyler, I already told you once." Dallon's head immediately turned to face the boy. "He's got a point, you're being a dick to Ryan." Another guy but with light purple hair joined in. "Hop off, Awsten, nobody was talking to you." Dallon narrowed his eyes.

     Before we knew it, Mrs. Maxwell came storming towards the four of us. "You four, hallway, now." She shouted. We immediately stood up and began walking out the door. "Hey Ryan, look who's walking through the halls right now." Dallon snickered once we got out. I turned my head and felt my heart pump madly. "Brendon! Hey!" Dallon waved. "Oh, hi Dal, hey Ry!" The boy who pretty much took control of my heart smiled.

    I hope he won't be here when we get yelled at, that'd be the most embarrassing thing to happen today, and there's been a lot when it's only my third class of the day.