when the moon found the sun

(a/n: happy 32nd birthday to brendon urie!)

"Does your dad know about this?" Brendon's mom asked as she handed me an ice pack. "No, I'd kinda like to keep it that way too." I shook my head. "Why's that?" She grabbed a box of tissues and placed them in front of me. "I already got in trouble once today." I shrugged. Grace's eyes widened. "Don't ask about it, mom, it's embarrassing for the both of us." Brendon looked down as my heart felt crushed.

     Yes, it was embarrassing for me since a huge scene was caused over what Dallon said, but I guess it's embarrassing to be called Brendon's boyfriend to him too.

     "Okay.. well, stay in here. You don't need to go back to school or anything." She said before walking out of the room. "Where are you going?" Brendon asked. "I'm gonna go out to buy more tissues and stuff like that for Ryan." She spoke as she walked upstairs.

Brendon sat down next to me. "Hey, how are you feeling?" He asked with a concerned expression. "Not as bad as when I was running for my life after getting beat up, that's for sure." I chuckled and tried to lighten the mood, but was only met with a worried glance. "Ry, I don't know why Dallon is like this, but I'll find out. For now, try and stay away from him, okay?" He gave me a sad smile. "I'm trying, but he just won't leave me alone." I shook my head. "I'll make sure he will." He nodded with his eyes closed.

     "We ran out of supplies, so I'm gonna go out to buy some things." Brendon's mom came rushing down the stairs dressed in casual clothes that someone would wear to go to a place like Target or something. "You didn't have to do all this for me." I told her, motioning towards the bloody tissues, ice packs, and other things she had me use. "Of course I do, you can't just expect me to leave alone someone so close to the family." She responded, grabbing her purse from off of the couch. "I'll see you boys in a bit." She said as she walked out the door, closing it so we wouldn't have to.

     "I'm tired." I mumbled, head spinning and body aching. "Take a nap, Ry." He stood up. "Okay." I nodded, trying to relax myself in the chair. Brendon grabbed my arms and pulled me up before bringing me into the living room and setting me on one of the couches. "Lay down." He walked back into the kitchen. "What if I get blood on the couch?" I ask. Brendon comes back and puts some tissues in my nose. "Can you breathe?" He tilts his head. "Yeah, but it's really uncomfortable." I nod. "It's better than bleeding everywhere. Does your head still hurt?" He walked back once more. "A little." He places the ice pack on the side of my head.

I wrap my arms around a pillow and slowly close my eyes. "Sleep well, Ry, feel better." Brendon softens his voice with sympathy and worry layering his voice. "Thank you." I whispered before drifting off to sleep.

-

     "George Ross III, please report to the front office." Echoed throughout the school. Cringing at the use of the name George, I stood up and began to walk out of the classroom.

     The hallways were surprisingly bare, the posters, medals, frames, names, and projects stripped from the walls. The closer I got the the office, the more the hallways would close in on me.

     Losing my breath and feeling my heartbeat race, I let myself travel at a faster pace. The halls closed faster now, almost trapping me between the lockers and walls.

     I began to run, faster than I was usually capable of running. I slid into the office and let myself catch my breath. I peeked out the door and noticed that the hallways were at its normal size. "Ryan, we need to talk again." Mr. Woods was sitting at his desk, which was strangely the only thing in the room.

     The room was much larger than usual. Pure white, too. Mr. Woods' desk was in the middle of the room.

     I slowly walked up to Mr. Woods. "Dallon, you may come out now." He spoke without breaking eye contact with me. My heart dropped as I turned around. Dallon Weekes was standing right behind me with an evil grin. I looked back at Mr. Woods, who was no longer there. The desk had also disappeared.

     I felt pain across my cheek. I was suddenly on the ground, getting beaten by the taller boy. "Dallon! What the fuck did I ever do to you?" I screamed.

     There was no answer. Dallon continued to hit me, yet with a straight face that sent chills traveling my spine. "Ry!" A voice called out. I looked up and Dallon was gone, Brendon was standing at the door with angel wings. I stood up and attempted to run to him. I was much slower than I am, I even ran slower than how I walked.

     Once I finally reached him, I grabbed onto his hands. "Ry, are you okay?" He asked. I nodded, not knowing how else to respond. "Ry!" He repeated. "I'm okay! See, look!" I told him. "Ry, answer!" He yelled. "I did!" I choked out. "Wake up!" He shook my shoulders as his face began to melt off. "W-what?" My chest tightened as I watched this horrifying display. He didn't respond. His face just continued to drip off of his skull. "Bren? Bren!" I shouted.

-
     "BRENDON!" I jolted up, covered in sweat. I looked around and saw Brendon's living room. I let out a few heavy breaths as Brendon came running from the kitchen. "Ry!" He slid onto the floor next to the couch. "Holy shit, are you okay?" He placed the back of his hand on my forehead. I quickly nodded. "Damn, you're sweaty. What happened?" He asked as he wiped his hand on his pants. "Nightmare." I said, voice cracking and arms shaking. "Ry, I'm here. It wasn't real. You'll be okay." He held onto my hand. My face began to heat up.

     Brendon Urie was holding my hand.

     I nodded as my heart pounded in my chest. He let go and stood up. "Are you hungry? I can make us food." He asked. I shook my head, my dream obviously not making me feel hunger. "Okay, well, if you're hungry, just tell me." He sat next to me. "Okay, thank you." I smiled and looked down at the carpet.

     I'm so happy to be friends with this guy.