so he said, "would it be alright

"Ryan, what's up?" Brent smiled. "Didn't you leave after you harassed Sarah?" I rolled my eyes. "Doesn't matter. How is Sarah?" He asked. "She was better, but I don't think it'll be fine when she finds out you're here." I scoffed.

"Do you know where she is?" He asked. "Stop asking me about Sarah. She hates you and you are a shit person. Why are you even here?" I said. "I'm back. I tried to tell Brendon but I don't think he was happy about it." Brent shrugged. "No one is happy about it!" I shouted. "Wow, Ryan, calm down. What happened to you? You used to be so quiet. What happened to the people pleaser?" He nudged my arm.

"Is that Brent Wilson?"

I looked behind Brent and saw Gerard standing behind him. I made eye contact with Brent. "Get the fuck away from me." I muttered. "God, what happened to this kid? Do you hang out with him now or something?" Brent looked over at Gerard.

"He said go, 'Wilson. Now go."

"What's he gonna do? Throw a fit?" Brent laughed.

I grabbed onto his shirt. "Leave right-fucking-now before things get bad." I said.

"God, fine. Not like you'd do anything." Brent jerked away from my grip before getting up and leaving.

     "He doesn't know about Dallon, does he?" Josh asked. "Nope." I grinned.

     The bell rang and everyone was leaving the cafeteria. "Gerard, are you going to class?" I asked. He looked around. "Sure, why not?" He shrugged. "That's new." Josh's eyes widened.

Gerard and I walked to our next class and sat next to each other. "Uh, this is my seat." Someone walked up to us. "You can take mine." Gerard tilted his head towards his seat. The redhead looked confused but went over to the seat anyways.

"Gerard, nice to see you in class." The teacher smiled. "Nice to see ya' too, miss." He raised his head and grinned.

"Good morning. To start us off, we have someone new joining us. Would you like to introduce yourself?" She looked over to someone standing by the door.

"I'm Brent Wilson."

"Fuck." I muttered and turned to look at Sarah.

Sarah's eyes were widened and she looked shocked. "Please treat him with respect, you may sit anywhere you see a spot open." The teacher smiled.

Brent's eyes immediately went to Sarah, who had a seat open next to her. Meagan was gone, and she usually sat by her.

Sarah looked away and tried to hide her face. Brent began walking towards her. "Hey, someone sits there." I pointed out. Sarah peeked at me and gave me a small smile. "I don't see anyone." Brent shrugged before sitting. "Actually, um, a girl named Meagan sits there." Sarah whispered. "Didn't know I was a girl named Meagan, but alright." He responded.

     "Miss, can't you tell him that someone already sits there?" Gerard rolled his eyes. "I think it'll be fine, I can find a seat for Brent tomorrow." Miss Swift smiled.

"Can't you find one now?" Sarah whispered.

"Hey Sarah, how've you been?" Brent put his arm on the chair. Sarah didn't answer. "Did you miss me?" He smirked. "No." She muttered. "Can't you just leave Sarah alone? She doesn't want you around her." I told Brent. "Mind your business, Ryan." Brent glared at me.

"Dude, you threw yourself on her. You think she's not gonna be scared of you?" Gerard said. "Are you the reason Ryan's been so fussy lately?" Brent mocked. "Brent, if you say one more fucking word to Sarah-"

"Chill, I don't know why you're so moody." Brent rolled his eyes.

"You motherf-"

The bell rang.

"Have a good weekend!" Miss Swift smiled before opening the door for us.

We all got out of class and I immediately started looking for Sarah.

"Sarah!" I shouted and ran towards her. She jumped and turned to look at me. "Hey, are you okay?" I asked her. Sarah gave me another soft smile. "I'm okay." She tucked some of her hair behind her ear. "Are you sure? Brent was.." I trailed off. "Yeah, no, I'm okay. I won't have to deal with him tomorrow." She shook her head.

I frowned. "Tell me if he bothers you." I said. "Don't worry about it." She looked down. "Thank you, Ryan." "You're welcome."

"Ross!" Gerard ran past me and grabbed me as he kept running. "What? Where are we going? What's happening?" I asked. He kept running and eventually ran out to the back and hopped the fence. I followed.

"You know I was talking to someone, right?" I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah." He started walking. "Why did we run all the way out here?" I asked. "Dallon was looking for you." He responded. "Okay, and?" I said. "Didn't want you to deal with him." He shrugged. "We didn't have to run all the way out here to do that." I stated. "Oh, I know. I just didn't want to be in school." He told me. "Uh, okay." I said.

"So, do you wanna go get something? I have money." Gerard asked. I thought for a second. "Yeah, sure." I nodded. "Alright, let's go."

We walked to to the nearest gas station and began browsing. "Grab what you want." He started walking to the drinks. I looked around and grabbed a bottle of iced tea, not knowing what else to get. Gerard came up to me as he was tossing a Monster back and forth in his hands. "You don't want anything else?" He asked me. "No, I'm good." I shook my head. Gerard nodded and we walked over to the counter to pay.

We bought our stuff and walked down the sidewalk. "So, has Brendon said anything since I last checked in?" Gerard asked before taking a sip of his Monster. "No, he's still not talking to me." I shrugged. "Maybe tomorrow he'll come around." Gerard smiled. "If only." I sighed. Gerard's phone buzzed. He pulled it out and looked at it.

"Mikey says mom wants me home, sorry. I'll see you at the party though, right?" Gerard shoved his phone back in his pocket. "Yeah, I'll be there." I nodded. "Alright, see you tomorrow." He walked off.

Then I realized that while everyone would be having the time of their lives tomorrow, I would be in the corner sulking over my best friend.