so she said, "that's ok

"Bren, come on." I was pulling at Brendon's arm, trying to get him to leave his room. "I don't wanna go!" He whined.

I gave up and slid down against the wall. "Is this about the party?" I asked him. He nodded and looked at his shoes. I sighed. "Look, Bren, I asked you if you wanted to fake sick yesterday and you said no." I told him. "I know, I know. I'm sorry." He sat down beside me.

"You know, I could still help you fake sick." I said. Brendon shook his head. "I'm sorry. I'll go." He got up and held out his hand to pull me up. He did so successfully and we began walking down the stairs. "Do you two need me to drive?" Brendon's mom turned her head to look at us. I looked at Brendon. "We're okay, thank you." He responded. She nodded. "Don't get into too much trouble." She teased as we headed out the door.

     The school was only around five to ten minutes away, so we could waste time doing whatever. "When's the last time we talked to Spencer?" I brought up, suddenly thinking of the guy who had been one of our closest friends for years. Brendon shrugged. "He's been hanging out with Jon a lot, maybe he's just busy." He responded.

     I nodded. "We should try and catch up with him later." I suggested. Brendon nodded, "Yeah, I miss talking to him."

     We stopped in front of the school and looked up at it. I immediately turned to Brendon. "You okay?" I asked. He looked incredibly anxious. "We could go back, if faking sick doesn't work we could just tell your mom what's up." I told him. Brendon immediately shook his head. "Are you crazy? I'm not coming out." He quietly refused. "I never said you had to say exactly, you could just tell her that there's a group of people you're scared of. It's technically not lying." I stated.

     Brendon swallowed. "I'm gonna have to go in eventually." He muttered. I frowned. "You don't have to do it now." I told him. He shook his head. "No, I'll go." I raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked. He nodded.

I sighed and we both headed inside the building.

Immediately, Gerard came running towards me. "Ross, let's talk." He said before pulling me away. I looked over and Brendon and shrugged. He smiled.

     God, his smile.

     Gerard walked as fast as he could to the place where we would usually talk. "Stay." He ordered as he leaned up against the wall. I nodded. "What the hell happened after the party? I need to hear this in person." He asked. I sighed. "Bren was crying because Dallon outed him and I followed him to the park. I asked him what happened and he explained before telling me he liked me. I tried to get him to calm down but he wouldn't so I kissed him and told him I liked him. I went to his house and we watched movies and kissed a bunch and I tried to comfort him. That's really it." I explained.

"You really like kissing, huh?" Gerard widened his eyes. I rolled my eyes and laughed. "See, though, I told you. I told you Brendon wouldn't hate you." Gerard smiled. I chuckled. "Thank you, Gee." I said. He nodded before pulling me into a hug. "You and Brendon are pretty cute, by the way." He whispered before letting go. I laughed and punched his arm, "Dude, shut up."

"Ryan Ross, get your ass over here."

I turned my head and saw Tyler and Josh. "I gotta go, see ya'." I smiled before walking away. "Bye Ross." Gerard waved.

"Hey Ryan." Josh waved. "Hey." I nodded. Josh exhaled and looked down. "Is Brendon okay?" He asked. I immediately smiled and began nodding. "Wanna go find him?" I asked. Tyler raised an eyebrow. "Um, sure?" He answered.

We began walking through the halls.

"Uh, Ryan? Where did you go on Saturday?" Josh asked me. I let out a sigh knowing damn well I would have to explain to even more people throughout the day, probably having to change it up with certain people. I ran him through the story and Josh looked pretty surprised. "So, you and Brendon are friends again even though he ghosted you for about two weeks and hung out with Dallon?" Josh asked. I nodded and hummed in response. "You and Brendon finally admitted your feelings towards each other and kissed a bunch?" Tyler asked. I nodded. "Damn, I thought your life was already eventful enough." He chuckled.

     I scanned the halls and saw the familiar brown-haired boy we were looking for. "Bren!" I shouted. He looked up and immediately smiled. I grabbed Tyler and Josh and ran over to him.

     "Hey Ry, uh, let's talk about something real quick." Brendon muttered. I raised an eyebrow. "Sure, what's up?" I leaned up against the locker next to him. Brendon sighed. "I know there's gonna be some people who don't know about Saturday, which is good, but a lot of people probably do. So, if anyone asks, tell them that it was all fake, and if they ask about us hanging out again, just tell them we talked about why we stopped hanging out and that we're only friends. Nothing more. Please."

I opened my mouth to say something, but the pleading look in his eyes prevented me from doing so. I let out a sigh. "Alright. I will." I nodded. Brendon grinned. "I don't care if they know or Gerard knows, just no one else, please." He told me, motioning towards Tyler and Josh. "Okay." I agreed.

"Yo, didn't know Brendon Boyd Urie sucked dick."

Brent.

"Fuck off, Brent. He's not into guys." I shook my head. "That recording that Dallon took says otherwise. Is that why you broke up with Sarah? Did she find out that you liked your best friend?" Brent stepped closer to Brendon. Brendon was clearly uncomfortable as he pressed against his locker. "Brent, go away. He's not into guys, that wasn't him on the voice recording." I told him. "Sounded just like him. Besides, why can't I be around the person I was closest to at this school before I moved?" Brent raised an eyebrow. "Because you're a dick who threw himself on my girlfriend." Brendon spoke up.

     "She's not your girlfriend anymore, besides, I wouldn't throw myself on Ryan." Brent smirked. I immediately shoved him. "Bren does not like me, okay? Even if he did, that's besides the point. What we're talking about his how shitty of a person you are, okay? Stop trying to flip it around and spread more fake shit about Bren." I muttered and looked him dead in the eyes. Brent rolled his eyes. "You got a little stronger since I left this place." He stated. "Yeah, and I can show you how strong I really am." I raised my fist.

     "Woah, woah, woah." Tyler grabbed me and pulled me away. "Calm down, just ignore him and leave." He told me. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and hesitantly nodded. I looked over at Brendon. He shook his head. "I can handle it, it's fine." He said. "Are you sure?" I whispered. He nodded with a fake grin. As much as I wanted to stay, Tyler and Josh dragged me away.

     "Dude, you really need to calm yourself. Brent's not worth your time." Tyler told me. I shook my head. "No. Either he leaves Bren alone or I'm not gonna fucking calm myself." I said.

     "Yo, is he okay?"

     The boy with bright green hair looked at me with an eyebrow raised. It took me a second to remember who he was. I swallowed and nodded. "I'm good." I told him. Awsten raised both eyebrows and looked to the side. "All honesty, I don't like Brent either. Never talked to him, I just don't get the greatest vibes. Have fun, though." Awsten said before leaving.

     I was very confused, and by the looks of it, Tyler and Josh were too. We sat in silence trying to process what Awsten meant by, "Have fun, though," but we failed to do so.

     "Do you just wanna hang with Gerard?" Tyler suggested. Josh and I nodded. "Yeah, let's do that."