all was golden when the day met the night

"Wait, what?" Dallon's eyes widened. "It's Ryan." I said. Dallon immediately smiled and hugged me. "Thank you for trusting me." He whispered. "Of course." I nodded into the hug. "No, really, thank you. After all the shit I put you through." He said. "It's okay, we've been over this." I told him.

Dallon pulled away. "Am I allowed to say that I was right?" He chuckled. I laughed. "I mean, you were right, so yeah." I responded.

We spent the rest of the night talking about dumb stuff, playing video games, and watching movies. It got late and we were talking to each other on the floor.

     "Brendon, can I ask you something?"

     "Of course, what is it?"

     Dallon sat up and looked down at me. "Why are you so nice to me?" He asked. I got up. "Because I don't think you are who people make of you. I don't judge people until I get a real impression on who they are." I explained. "You've talked to me so many times before and I was a total dick, why?" He raised an eyebrow. "I mean, you weren't directly talking to me. I just like to believe there's good in everyone, even if they seem like a dick." I told him. "I literally beat the shit out of Ryan." He stated.

     I didn't know how to respond.

     "Um, there's good in everyone?" I said after a few moments of thinking. Dallon laughed. "You tried." He chuckled.

     "But really, Brendon, thank you. You're a really good person."

     "Of course."

-

     It was three in the morning. Dallon had been sleeping for the past hour, but I struggled to sleep.

     My mind was racing with thoughts. Should I apologize? Is he even awake right now?

All I could think of was Ryan. A part of me wanted to pull out my phone and send a long paragraph telling him how sorry I was and that I wished he was with me, but the other part of me told me that it was for the best and I was teaching him a lesson.

But the way I was doing it was so rude.

Then I remembered how Dallon feels around Ryan.

A few more days wouldn't hurt.

But I missed him.

I groaned and grabbed the pillow my head was on top of.

Can't my mind just shut up for once?

I grabbed my phone and saw a text message. I opened it. "Let's talk." It said. "Who's this?" I answered.

I got a response in less than a minute. "Gerard Way."

"How do you have my number?"

"Ryan gave it to me."

"Oh."

I stopped texting there. I knew he was gonna talk to me about Ryan.