then he fell in love

I fucking hate school.

I was sitting against the wall across from Brendon, who was mindlessly tracing circles on the floor. The staff lady was pissed off at us. I don't know what for, though.

"So, you two put on quite the show the other day, didn't you?" Her voice echoed in the room as she placed her hands on her hips.

"I don't get why we have to be sitting on the floor." I mumbled.

She narrowed her eyes at us. "Well, we're not going into Mr. Woods' office." She said.

     "Then why did we get called up here?" I asked. Brendon looked over to me and moved his hand over his neck in one swift motion, telling me to stop.

She glared at me for a moment. "You've violated our PDA policy." She stated.

"But there is no PDA policy?" Brendon tilted his head.

"Yeah, plus, Hayley and Taylor are on each other all the time. What makes one kiss different?" I rolled my eyes.

     The woman crouched down to my level and looked me in the eyes with a smile. "Maybe it's because they're normal."

     Normal?

     "What the fuck does that mean?" I asked.

     "Watch your language, young man." She instructed me. I stood up quickly, causing her to copy my actions.

     It clicked. It all fucking clicked.

     We're not in here for violating policy.

     "Oh god, don't fucking tell me. It's because we're both guys, isn't it?" I shouted. Brendon rushed to my side and whispered, "Ry."

The lady scoffed at Brendon. "It fucking is, huh?" I furrowed my eyebrows. She opened her mouth to speak, but the doorknob began to rattle.

"What's going on in here?" Mr. Woods walked in.

"Nothing, sir." She shook her head.

"Why aren't these two in class?" Mr. Woods asked.

"I had to talk with them about something." She stated.

Mr. Woods looked at me, then Brendon, then me again. "You two, go to class." He instructed. Brendon and I both nodded and left the room.

-

     "Wait, so she called you up there just because you two kissed?" Tyler asked as he stared at his sandwich.

     "Yeah, that homophobic bitch." I muttered. Josh sighed.

     "I can't believe people are still complete bitches over who people like. God, it's not a huge deal if a guy likes a guy or a girl likes a girl or if anyone likes anyone," Josh said sadly. I nodded, then turned to look at Brendon. Brendon was staring at the table, looking an odd mix of hurt and confused.