Chapter 14

Amber’s POV

“Are you sure you don’t want to join us? There are tickets for three, you know.” I asked Suzy waving the tickets in hand.

“No, it’s okay. My parents just called telling me to go home. I’ll join you two the next time.” Suzy said with a smile.

“Okay, in that case would you like for us to send you home?” it was getting dark and it is not safe for a young girl to walk alone at night.

“No, no you don’t have to. My father is on his way to pick me up.” Suzy refused our offer.

“In that case, let us wait with you.” Krystal added. Suzy was about to refuse but Krystal stood firmly in one spot. Seeing that Krystal would not take no for an answer Suzy gave up. We stood by the school entrance for a few minutes before a car pulled up.

“That’s my dad, I’ll be going now. See you tomorrow Mr. Liu and Mrs. Liu.” Suzy winked at us before running to the car laughing. We stayed in our spots till the car disappeared from our sight.

Suzy’s POV

Mr. Liu and Ms. Jung asked me to join them for dinner with the ticket we received. I considered about it but I think Mr. Liu would prefer to be alone with Ms. Jung tonight. Even if I have a crush on Mr. Liu I know when I should let him go. Although he technically never was mine to begin with. I know that Mr. Liu has a huge thing for Ms. Jung. You must be blind not to see the sparks. I can’t compete with Ms. Jung when they both have mutual feelings towards one another.

The two waited with me for my dad to pick me up. When the car pulled up to the curb I thought I’ll tease the two.

“That’s my dad, I’ll be going now. See you tomorrow Mr. Liu and Mrs. Liu.” I winked as I hurriedly ran into the car laughing. I did not want to get a lecture from them. My laughter slowly died as sobs escaped my mouths. Although I supported the two it still hurts to have your heart broken. My dad was about to stop the car when I told him to continue driving and that I’ll be fine. This was how my first love ended.

Amber’s POV

I was blushing madly when I heard Suzy call Krystal Mrs. Liu. My heart was beating at an abnormally fast pace. I turned to see Krystal’s reaction but to my disappointment she was not at all affected like I was. I thought maybe Krystal also liked me even if just a little due to the sweet moments she would display throughout the day but once again it was all in my head. How can Krystal ever like someone like me? I let out an inaudible sigh before putting on a fake smile.

“So, shall we?” I playfully extended my hand like a gentleman’s.

“We shall.” Krystal played along with a smile before taking my hand. When our hands touched I felt like an electric shock went through my body. I lead Krystal towards my car and ran to open the passenger door for her.

“Your carrier awaits, princess.” I bowed with a hand gesture signaling for her to enter. She cracked a small smile before entering. I ran to the driver’s side and we drove to the restaurant.