Chapter 21

Krystal’s POV

Once again I found myself staring at the ceiling. There were too many questions nagging at me. Why? Why did Donghae have a sad smile? Why did he cry? Why does he give me this feeling? Why does he seem different? Why does it feel like I’ll lose him if I don’t hold on tight? Why? By the time I finally fell asleep the sun was already starting to rise. I yawned for I didn’t get enough sleep. The teachers had to wake up early to split the students up into group. Some groups will go hiking while some groups go fishing. This is to explore nature and appreciate it.

“Those who will be going hiking please gather here. The fishing groups please go towards Mr. Kim.” Donghae shouted.

“Mr. Liu, how long will this hiking trip be?” a student asks.

“It says here that it’ll be at least a 2 hour hike.” His answer caused the students to groan and complain. “It’ll be fine. Besides at the end of the trail there’s a famous spot known for bringing couples together.” He said the last sentence while looking at me. I quickly looked away.

“You just want to go there with Ms. Jung!” one student shouted causing the other students to smirk. I saw his cheek starting to turn red.

“Ahem!! Go get ready and meet back here. 10 minutes, everyone.” He said before leaving quickly.

“Argh! This is so tiring. Remind me again why we’re hiking and not fishing?” someone said.

“Because Mr. Liu lost in rock, paper, and scissors to Mr. Kim.” Another answered.

“Sorry, I’m really bad at that game.” Donghae answered, scratching his back.

We continued walking the trail when Donghae shouted for everyone to stop. “What’s wrong?” I asked him. Did we take the wrong route? Are we missing someone? He turned around and smiled.

“Let’s take a short break. It seems like everyone could use one and here’s a perfect spot to rest.” It’s true. I’m very tired and sweaty. The students look tire too since they were all panting. The student dispersed into groups and went sit under the shade, fanning themselves and taking out their water bottles.

“Are you tired, princess?” He came to ask me. I nodded my head. My heart skipped a beat when he helped wipe off the beads of sweat.

“There. Still beautiful even when covered in sweat.” He smiled. I pushed him a little in embarrassment. He chuckled before taking my hand and walking towards the shade. As I was about to sit down on the green grass he stopped me.

“What’s wrong? Is there a bug there?” I asked him with a scared face. I hate bugs.

“No, no. Here.” he took off his plaid shirt and lay it down. Kyaaaa!! Can he be any more of a gentleman?

“T-thanks.” I said with a slightly red cheek, sitting down. He smiled before sitting down next to me. I turned my head and noticed how beads of sweat were formed perfectly on his forehead. And how it trickled down the side of his face, down his neck, and into his shirt. I noticed how his white tee clung onto his sexy body, outlining his abs. I noticed how he chugged his water down and…wait, he doesn’t have an Adam’s apple? I kept staring at it wondering about it when he called for me.