Window

Konoha Precinct
Modern Day AU
Sakura - 19
Itachi - 24

•••

It just started one day. Every morning, I would wake up at 05:00, meditate for a half an hour, and at 05:30, I would start my morning work out. I would be done with my work out by 06:00 and would eat breakfast and take a shower by 06:40.

I would than come down from my apartment at 06:45 and sit in the tea shop. I would click away at my computer as I ate my dango and sipped my tea. The morning routine was like a religion for me.

At exactly 07:00, the bus would stop by and I would watch the people exit the bus and walk down the street, pass the window I would sit at. It was always the same people, everyday, rarely was there anyone different that got off that bus.

The morning was always peaceful for me. It was before the stressful hussle and bussle of my work and it was always the same, nothing surprising ever came up. I would have my morning routine, than off I went to work at 09:00 for my first meeting of the day. My meetings usually consists of topics such a climate change, world hunger, and all of the sorts. My job was to invest in the future. I was always happy and content with my job.

My first set of meetings would stop at 13:00, where I would than eat lunch in either my office or the park across the way, depending on the weather. Back to work at 14:00. Meetings went until 17:00. I would than head home and be at my apartment by 17:30. I would make a nice dinner and I would be done with eating and cleaning the dishes by 18:45. After that, I would than head back down to the tea shop, buy some tea, sit by the window I always sat at as I clicked and clacked against my computer until 20:00. For the last hour until the shop closed I would pull out the book I was reading and read until 21:00. After that, I would head up to my room, do anything I needed and off to bed I was at 21:30.

My perfectionist personality always made me keep this same exact schedule, 5 days a week. On the weekends was the only time it would change. Saturday and Sunday was usually spent with my family who lived up town. When I did visit them, I would take the Saturday bus at 09:30 and would take the Sunday 14:00 bus home. When I didn't, I usually spent most of the weekend cooped up in the tea shop working away at my computer or reading a book. I would always take the time to take a walk, if the weather was nice enough.

But than something changed. It was early September when it happened.

I was sitting in front of that window, clicking away at my computer, the bus happened to be exactly one minute early that day, arriving at exactly 06:59. I remember it frustrating me ever so slightly.

And that's when it happened. That's when it changed. I remember seeing a flash of pink at the corner of my eyes. I quickly wiped my head around to see what it was. It was something new and I didn't know what to think. My mind was going crazy. It wouldn't shut up.

That's when I saw her. She was wearing black skinny jeans and a baggy white sweater tucked in in the front. The outfit complemented her fair skin and her pink hair stood out. She was perfectly imperfect.

Something about her made me smile. I quickly got back to work but from that day on, she was forever in my mind and forever a part of my routine.

Every Monday through Friday I would see her. She would walk off that bus and walk right past where I was sitting at that window. It put a smile on my face to see her every day but a part of me felt hallow inside that she didn't even know I existed.

This went on for exactly 41 days. Then one day, she looked over at me and gave me a smile. To say I was surprised was an understatement. I didn't even care if it disrupted my perfect routine. I smiles back at her.