Love Yourself - Part I

Konoha
Sakura - 16
Itachi - 21

•••

It was my mission. I am a loyal shinobi of Konoha and I will do anything for the good of my village.

I never did think it would end this way.

I was in charge of finding a way to stop the growing group of traders in my village. The mission was given by Tsunade-sama. The group wanted to over throw the village. It was a tension that was slowly brewing but it was only the two of us out side of the group that knew of it.

My parents where a part of that group. Tsunade-sama new that even though my parents where part of the group, I would keep my loyalty with Konoha.

I was put in the group, undercover. No one suspected a thing. The group would meet once a month in a house of one of the members, a different location each time.

I knew where my loyalty lied the whole time. Only with the village. I knew that the outcome of this mission would not be good. I knew I would loose my family. I just didn't expect this. I don't think anyone would of.

That night, the meeting was at my parents house. It wasn't to late, so it wasn't suspicious. It looked like a normal get-to-gether. If only it was.

My mission was to not only monitor the group but also try to defuse the situation. My efforts where not working. The tension kept on getting worse.

I knew that if I didn't do something soon, it would only get worse and worse. I stepped out of the house, out of view to take a breather. I was leaning against the house wall when they came.

Danzo, with a ROOT ANBU at each side of him appeared before me. I quickly got into a defense stance when they appeared and only relaxed slightly when I saw who it was. A scowl appeared on my face, I never did like this man. Power hungry and always trying to make me join his twisted organization. I may have monstrous strength and amazing medical skills but I am also fantastic at silent killing and masking my chakra. I was the perfect assassin. I could sneak up on anyone but if I got in a sticky situation, I could easily get out of it. All he is wanted to use me as was a weapon.

Gritting my teeth, I bowed in respect, "Danzo-sama."

His nasty voice traveled through the ally way and I wanted to gag in disgust, "Rise."

I did as I was told and waited for him to speak.

"I have caught wind of this situation you have here."

I gritted my teeth again to keep myself from growling at him. Of course he would find out, it was only a matter of time. "So, it seems," I reply.

"And I know the situation is only getting worse."

"Yes."

"You're way of defusing the situation will never work. You know that but you won't admit it."

My eyes harden into a glare. This disgusting man, if I can ever consider him human.

"This is an order. One you can not disobey at any cost. Either, you are labeled a criminal and trader of the leaf, along with all of these traders. You will be forced to flee or you will be killed on site and you will leave your village in inner war. Or, you dispose of everyone of these traders, saving your village and living as a criminal."

When I hear this, my mind is going a mile a minute. I can't speak, I'm to shocked. I-I can't kill all these people. I can't kill my parents. What is this man telling me todo? But if I don't do it, I will be failing my village and I can't have that happen.

My silence seems to frustrate him and he scowls in dislike, "Do you understand, Haruno Sakura?"

I swallow down the lump in my throat and reply, "Yes, Danzo-sama," as I go down on one knee and ANBU style bow to him. I can't deny the fact that I am an ANBU of the leaf. I am the shadow of the village.

As soon as I stand up, they are gone. I take a moment in the alley to compose myself. My shoulders drop in exhaustion and I can feel my whole body shaking. Tears prickle my eyes and I feel bile in my throat. I quickly brush it off. I am a shinobi. I am loyal only to my village. This will be my last and final mission.

I stand up straight and quickly do some hand signs. In a flash, an invisible barrier is around the house. Only the caster can go in and out. Everyone is side was trapped. My last mission had begun.

I walk out of the ally and back into the house. I pick up my ANBU uniform and put it on in seconds, quickly faceting my tanto on my back. People are scattered around the house, the meeting had not started yet but everyone was already here.

I silently sneak up on three people in the kitchen, pull out my tanto and slice there throats before they even know what is happening. Someone comes around the corner and is about to scream and attack when I quickly hit them in the head with a kunai, killing them with one shot.

I walk down the hall and someone is walking toward me. I quickly and efficiently appear in front of them and stab them in the chest. There face is stuck in a shocked way as they cough up. A few drops fall on to my face.

The next person that comes around the corner is my neighbor. They see me and start to attack, yelling some along the lines of "traitor." This clearly catches the attention of everyone in the house.

The man throws three kunais towards me, I doge two but the last one scraps my cheek. Neither one of us can use any Justus, in fear of gathering to much attention. We get close and are fighting kunai against tanto. I get a scrape here and there but eventually I slice his throat, blood splattering on my face once again.

In that moment, a part of me broke. I was numb. The next sixteen people, I took down wish out a second thought. One person screams in pain as I stab them through the stomach with my tanto. I slam my foot down on the persons chest, crushing there rib cage and swiftly pull out my tanto from the body.

I feel the barrier around the house fall and only two people where left. My parents. As I quietly walk down the hallway to my parents, I see my reflection in the window. My face and clothes splattered with blood and a emotionless expression on my face. I feel disgusting by my reflection and I quickly look away, a single tear falling down my face.

In one moment, I am now in the hallway next to the front door. I see my parents on the ground, on their knees, facing away from me.

My mother speaks first, "We forgive you dear, we will always love you."

My father speaks next, "I love you, Sakura. We will see you soon."

In that moment, my heart breaks and I strangle down a sob, tears flowing down my face. My hands shaking, I quickly cut off there heads, not before saying, "I love you, mother, father, no matter what. Forgive me."

I quickly wipe away the tears as I feel more chakra heading my way. I recognize them as Naruto and Sasuke's and I know that this next part will finally make me fall into insanity. They come barging into the house, yelling my name. They stop in there tracks when they see me standing above my dead parents, tanto in hand, covered in blood.

A look of horror crosses there faces. Naruto is completely silence and looks like he wants to throw up. All Sasuke can mutter is a strangled, "Why?"

I look up at them with numb, cold eyes, "This village is filth. Always has and always will be. I'm done playing the part of the perfect little ninja. I'm done."

I disappear, using the body flicker technique and from a block away, I can hear Naruto screaming my name.

As quickly as I can, I run through the village, over the wall and off into the forest, tears pouring down my face.

•••

This one will be a bit longer, so not exactly a one-shot. Don't know exactly how long it will be but I promise I'll get that itasaku fluff in there.