Devil

Itachi - 16
Sakura - 15

::

Set in a random universe with very little technology. Has a more dark theme and has a bunch of abuse justified as "discipline." Obviously, reader discretion is advised. However, I will try not to make things to descriptive.

All people kinda have that dark side of there mind and while I was watching a history video about the evolution of the way children have been disciplined, I had an idea of maybe I could write a book that kinda mentions this. However, writing a book is a lot of work, so I decided to stick with an itasaku one-shot.

::

"Whoop the devil out."

An old term used by parents to explain "disciplining" there children.

People once believed that children where born with the devil in them and that they must beat it out of them. They believed that all children where prone to do evil acts and if they did not beat them, they would turn into criminals and be hung to death.

•••

Going through training was a normal part of everyone's childhood. It was just normal school. The first half of the day was dedicated to academics and the second half of the day was decided to physical training. It could range from strength building to flexibility to self defense.

School was strict and if you slacked off at all, you would be put at the stick. I was lucky enough to do at least average in school, I was never put to the stick. However, for some reason, at home, I was just never good enough.

My family ran a farm in our small village of less than 200 people. In our town, everyone went to the same school and everyone knew each other. Anything that happened, everyone would know about it. That was just how it was.

Now, back to the the farm my family ran. In my family it was just my parents and me. My mother for many years tried to have other children but it never worked. I had no grandparents. My parents refused to talk about them no matter how many times I asked. I ended up giving up after many years.

My family's farm was the main source for meat in our small village. Being at a time of conflict, transportation of food was not common and each village was pretty much in-charge of supplying all the food for there self. My father had about 15 people working under him around the farm.

I remember this one really nice lady that worked around the farm. Her name was Hasu and would keep me company a lot. I didn't have many friends and she was the closest I could get to someone I could trust.

I also remember this really creepy dude that I really didn't like. As a young child, I just thought he was mean but it always made me wonder if he was more than creepy now that I look back on it. He was extra mean to this older teen and I always really wanted to help him out but Hasu told me that I couldn't because I would be putting myself in danger. To this day, I wish I could of done something.

My relationship with my parents wasn't ever that good. Maybe at a very young age it was but I have no memory's to back it up. If my parents weren't borderline neglecting me, they where punishing me for not being good enough in school or not doing a chore good enough.

They did, quite often, might I add, something they call, "to beat the devil out." My parents believed that all children, especially me, where born with the devil in us and that they must beat it out of us or we will face an early death.