Stray Hairs and Awkward Talks

Konoha
Non-Massacre
Sakura - 17
Itachi - 22

•••

There was a few shinobi that no matter what, everyone would know of them. Sakura always took it upon herself to take notice of not just those popular names but also the every day loyal shinobi. She did this so much that sometimes she completely ignored those well known shinobi.

It wasn't something she meant to do. She just found it much more refreshing listening to the every day shinobi than the gossip of the best shinobi or the hottest shinobi or the coolest shinobi. She would much rather have a nice conversation with one of her patients than be gossiping about some topic that was probably more lie than truth.

Of course, Sakura was also one of those popular shinobi. Being the pupil of Tsunade-sama and on a team either Naruto and Sasuke, the three of them making up the next generation sanin. It was bound to happen for her to be a product of some of the gossip. That's why she liked keeping to her self as much as she could, or really how much someone in her position could.

I think this was why Sakura was so surprised when she caught the attention of one of those popular shinobi.

The day started out pretty normal. Going from patient to patient, healing and checking vitals. It was a pretty slow day and nothing crazy or unexpected had happened yet. Lunch break was already over and Sakura was almost getting bored, something she was actually quite grateful for.

In one moment the hospital went from calm to a complete panic. Sakura went rushing into the scene and took control. A shinobi she didn't have time to get the name of was rushed in, bleeding out and on death door. She remembers having to order some medical shinobi to hold down the dying mans team mate who was obviously freaking out. He was the one that brought him in.

We quickly rushed him into intensive care. He had scrapes all over his body but that was the least of our problems. A big hole went through his stomach and he has a punctured lounge that was quickly filling up with fluid. Three where working on removing the fluid from his lounge and patching it up, two where keeping track of his vitals, another was doing a quick blood transfusion and I was working on the big hole in the stomach.

For a while, it wouldn't stop bleeding and I almost started to panic. However, I kept my cool and quickly found where it was bleeding from and started to heal from there. I don't know how long it took to get him stable but I do know it took a while. It also took a lot of chakra. I had to activate my Yin Seal, something I hadn't had to do in a really long time.

When he was finally stable and was being cleaned up and moved to another room, I could finally relax. Exhausted I cleaned myself off and went out to the waiting room where the mans teammate was waiting anxiously.

When he saw me, be shot right up and started bombarding me with questions. It took me a little while to calm him down and reassure that his teammate was okay. After he was calm enough, I let him go visit him teammate who was unconscious but it was the thought that count.

The next day, when I came back to the hospital early in the morning, I found out that the man I treated yesterday was the one and only Uchiha Itachi. I sense of dread flew through me when I thought about if he didn't make it. I may have never met this man but I knew that he is Sasuke's brother and I don't know what I would of done if I had to tell him his brother died. Thank goodness he didn't.

When I went to check on him, to my surprise he was already up. I did the normal check up, it didn't take long and after that, I went along my way.

Before I could leave, he spoke, "Where you the one that saved me?"

I turn back towards him from my place at the door. I give him a smile, "Yes."