Chapter 3

***Plz read the announcement down🙏***

Edited by Vaish1045

"Gotta say this girl, you've got alot of guts in your spine"Claire teased me as I tried to put the ball into the court but alas! Failed once again to do so because my stupid best friend was distracting me and not letting me concentrate. If only she stopped talking for once.

We were currently playing basketball and she wouldn't shut up about today's god damn incident with Kayish.

"For fuck's sake can you please just shut your mouth and let me focus on the game for once?" I scolded her as I caught the ball my teammates passed on to me.

"Okay! But I better get an explanation later," she yelled before leaving the basketball court and finally giving me a chance to breathe.

Though I have to admit, I was kinda hurt by her reaction towards the incident. Ever since that episode happened, she kept on asking me to give her all the juicy details regarding it and I already told her that there's nothing between us.

She thinks that Kayish and I were engaged in a so-called 'secret relationship' together and ended up fighting, so he came there to seek my apology and gave me a breathtaking kiss. But I was still mad at him and apparently slapped him.

That's how she narrated the story to everyone and by 'everyone' I mean literally everyone in the college. And after spilling all that bullshit, she finally comes to me and says that she's proud of me for my guts? What kind of a person is she? Silly girl!

I came out of my notion and paid attention to the game. I love to play basketball. Whenever we get free time, I come to the ground and play basketball with my friends. Isn't it a distraction?

My seniors would sometimes challenge me to play with them. Most of the time it's me who prevails the match. Some people take this fact positively and are okay with the fact that i ace at it but some take it contradictory and create grudges just because of a little basketball match. It all depends on their conceit.

I have many friends here. They all are very close to me and they all know me very well.

I'm not that pretty but other people don't think like that. I play basketball every time I need to get my mind cleared. Morning's incident was still haunting my mind and I wanted to distract myself from it.

After finishing the match, I went to the washroom to change my clothes. When I walked out of the room and I saw him leaning on the wall with crossed leg and hands folded against his chest.

I ignored his gaze and started walking towards my locker. As I passed him, he stepped in front of me which made me halt in my track.

His baby blue eyes pierced through my body eyeing me up and down. I coughed awkwardly to get his attention back.

"I'm sorry. I know what I did today was really wrong." he apologized which took me off guard. Am I dreaming? Kayish Miller, the well-known player is here to seek My forgiveness??

"Never mind." I rolled my eyes and walked away while he was still standing there. I know how to handle these types of boys.

If I forgive him, I know that he will take advantage of it and would dare to take things further again. So it's better to avoid him from the beginning itself

*

I packed her lunch in a small tiffin box along with her snacks. She was so excited to start her school today, unlike the other kids who keep whining on their first day of school.