Chapter 7

Edited by Indri2272

Right after the meeting, everyone has been told by the host to go to the hall where the lunch is being served. I headed to my office to relax and I just sat in my chair and slumped my shoulders.

My mind wanders to the way Kayish looked at me a moment ago. I can't deny that the way he sent the message to me make my worries rising. "You have to be strong Riya, you can't hurt yourself now, not in physically nor mentally. Don't allow him to rule your world again, no more hiding and afraid of him." I said to myself and repeated it like a mantra to make myself stronger.

"Hey, you there! I'm looking for you everywhere." Juliet's voice snapped me out of my reverie. She peeked his face at my door and gave me a worried look once she saw my uncomfortable face.

"Hi, Juliet. Are you not joining the lunch?" I give her a tight smile and tried to make the conversation neutral. Guess she already has another thing in her mind, cause she just kept her hands on her hips and stared at me deeply like I had committed some unforgettable sin.

"Tell me what happened, Riya. You are hiding something. Is it only stomachache which bugging you since the boss showed up?" She asked and took a seat in front of me.

"Hey, You okay? Is the stomachache really serious?" Her voice turned into a concern once she noticed my sweating and pale face. My body was sweating profusely and my heart was thundering heavily against my chest, and I believe I lost the color of my face as my worries took over my emotion this time.

"I'm fine, Julie. My stomach is feeling better now; just worried about Sweety. She said there was a boy giving her trouble yesterday and I can't stop myself from worrying. That's all." I lied but she was not convinced at all.

"I know there's more into it, but I won't push you, Riya. Just remember, I'm here if you need someone to share and my shoulders always ready for rent." She teased me and this made myself smile. She's really a sweet person, I'm really lucky to meet her and have her in the same company.

Or else I must have felt lonely.

"Anyway, let's go." Suddenly, she grabbed my hand and dragged me out of my office. "Julie! Where are you taking me?" I asked sounded in more confusing.

She stopped for a minute and eyed me up and down. "Riya, I Know you haven't had anything yet, and your body needs some delicious meal now. As a good friend of yours, I will make you eat and make sure you're healthy enough to worry about sweety or anything else. Let's go to the hall and eat something. The foods are amazing, I've seen the variants of the menu before hunting you down to your office." Her face lit up by the mention of food.

Oh! No. Not there. I need to prepare myself before meeting Kayish in non-formal conditions, only God knows what he planed in his evil mind. But it's s too late to tell her no and the next thing I know, we already entered the hall where the variant of food is being served. I just dumbfound for a moment, not knowing what to do until Mr. Miller's voice snapped me to reality.

"There you are! I've been looking for you, Riya." Mr. Miller exclaimed while walking towards us as he didn't confront me a while ago. "The arrangement is really good, Riya. I want to personally thank you for what you did, and sorry for my rude comment before." He added and once again engulfed me in a fatherly hug.

Where has his angry mode gone? Hasn't he been angry an hour ago? Moody much. No wonder why Kayish has some state emotion. I now understood where he got the changing emotion from.

Like father like son.

"Anytime sir." I faked a smile before giving Julie a small smile. Actually, all these credits go to Juliet. She only made this arrangement, not me. But since he strictly told me to arrange the meeting by myself, I can't tell him the truth. If I do it will affect both my and Julie's job.