Chapter 8

Unedited:

"Miss Riya Kader, meet me in my office,15 minutes from now" He ordered in a demanding voice, his mini breath barely caressed my bare neck that sent Goosebumps all over my body and with that he took his leave. Me and Juliet looked at each other not knowing what to say before we make our way back to the office.

Once I reached the building I inhaled huge amount of oxygen to calm my burning lungs before heading towards his office. I need to cool my entire system before meet him otherwise I could loose my control over my body and will send him to hell without another thought.

Sighing heavily, I knocked on his office door and when I heard 'come in' in his rude voice I entered. To my dismay, he was standing right there expecting my arrival. Well isn't he the one who told me to meet him in the first place?

For a second I just studied my surroundings as it was hard to keep my eyes on him. His office was so large compared to mine. The wall was coated with cream color which was suited for his personality. A beautiful flower vase with roses was rested on his table beside his laptop.

Other than this all the places were empty. No sofa, no chair except the one behind his table and no tv, no phone. Except a big slashing window which was huge enough to capitalize the better view of the city, the place looked like a complete dusk exactly portrayed its owner.

Huh?! No chair-- that means am I going to stand here for the whole time? Ahhh! Whatever there is no doubt, he did this deliberately.

At last when my eyes landed on his face, I saw him smirking at me; probably he would have figured my perplexity.

Such a nincompoop.

To hide my remorse I plastered a fake smile on my face before greeted him. "Well-- tell me Mr. Miller. How can I help you?" I cooed in a baby tone.

Argh!! Not a good move. It seems I gave him the opportunity to harass me. And as expected, he amusingly raised his eyebrows. Well, two can play a game. Can't they?

What did he think? Am I going to beg him to take me back? Then it will happen in his dream.

"Miss. Kader." A faint shiver ran into my spine when I heard him saying my last name. Four years rolled and to my reminiscence it gave me a mini heart attack when he called me like that. But now he lost his right to call my actual name.

"I'm glad you are going to work for me and you know what--" He shot me a devilish smile before continue his blabbering. "It's a pleasant surprise! I haven't thought I will get some entertainment here." He started to praise his luck even though he don't have one while I was mentally cursing him ten times worse than anyone could imagine.

"What can I say Mr. Miller. It's My bad luck but it's okay, I will manage. After all, I'm not tied up here in my whole life." I grinned at him showing all my teeth.

He seemed to taken aback of what I said. Most probably he wouldn't have expected the outburst from me.

Yey! I hit his sensitive spot. You go girl. Show him who you are.

But he recovered fast in a blink of an eye and acted so calm like sea, then the evil smirk appeared on his face before he walks towards me. His every step was slow and steady like a hunter who is going to hunt his prey which slowly raised my heartbeat in a speed whack.

In an instant, he stood in front of me his face lightly bent forward far enough to leave a mere inch distance between ours as I felt our breath mingled in the air.

"It's been 4 years since I last seen you. I wonder how have you been all those years-- without me. After all, you were a lost puppy who used to run around my legs." He whispered in my ear.