•chapter three•

rhett's pov
thursday

i woke up early since jessie's phone kept going off. I looked at it since she wasn't getting up.

christy: please tell Link to get his ass here please. i dont want to drive to get him. make him walk.
jessie: hey christy this is rhett, why do u need him home? you said he could stay here. hes okay?
christy: i dont care if hes ok or not. he just has to face his problems and not hide at your house all the time. he had kids too rhett..
jessie(aka rhett): im just gonna let him sleep a little longer. he can stay here. he doesnt need you right now. and as for the kids, he can talk to them and see them whenever i'm sure..
read
i went back to sleep after i texted christy because i was tired as hell.

time skip
rhett's pov

i heard a knock at the door that woke me up, once again. i dont know when ill be able to sleep peacefully in my house. the knock was aggressive, and the longer i didn't answer, the harder the knock got.

i finally went to answer it but before I opened it i saw the time, ten o'clock. the kids and jessie were gone and i didnt even notice till now, but link was still asleep, but on the couch. he mustve got little sleep last night.

i opened the door and saw Christy with an agry expression on her face, like i was one of her kids and i did something wrong.

"i said tell link to come home and i wasnt joking." "christy, he had a long day yesterday and was up late last night. just give him a break.. please" "no he doesnt need a 'break,' he can man the fuck up and come be my husband for awhile." she explained louder and louder with every word she said. "why do you need him right now?" "today is 'talk to the principal day" at my kid's school. both of us need to go." "why cant you just go?"

she didnt answer me and before i could comprehend what she was doing, she walked inside, to the couch and smacked link straight in the face. i watched the whole thing happen not even knowing what to do but just stand there dumbfounded.

link shot up with fear in his eyes and looked at christy with confusion. "christy, what are you doing her-" "you know what I'm doing here dumbass, get the hell up." she yelled.

link looked at me helplessly while christy was about to yank him off the couch. I finally ran over and pulled her away, not hard enough to hurt her, just to make her stop hurting my best friend.

i stood in front of him so she couldn't hurt him anymore. "christy, you need to stop. just go by yourself please! you can't get away with this shit!" i tried not to yell but i couldn't help myself anymore.

she finally let off some of the anger she had built up. "no, we have to go together.. just bring him home before one." she stormed out not even closing the door behind her and drove away.

i looked back at link and saw his eyes start to get red. "hey youre okay, im here." i said with a fake smile planted on my face. "i know... thank you for everything by the way." "Don't thank me buddy, im here for you no matter what happens."

before it hit 1pm, link and i just hung out and talked. we didnt make the effort to go and do something when we had each other to entertain ourselves.

i finally made link get ready so he wasn't late. he took a shower and came out with one of my button up shirts that didnt fit me anymore and an old pair of black jeans i didnt wear on. "wow you look really good in those." "thanks rhett." he laughed.
we got in the car and i started to drive link home.

christy: send him home now.
rhett: yes i know christy, im not stupid. you dont need to baby Link like this. hes a grown man you know
christy: yes ik, but he acts like a child all the time. you should know since your his best friend.
rhett: listen, im driving him home now.
read

"who was that?" link asked with a concerned tone. "it was christy." I didnt want to tell him what she said because it would make him even more upset. "what'd she say?" "er, just where we were and when youd be home." i said nonchalantly. "oh okay."

time skip

we arrived at links house and christy was standing outside waiting for him. "finally." she sighed.
TO BE CONTINUED

word count: 808

hii, hope youre enjoying  the story! read what happens next by swiping lol.. dont forget to vote down below. ~mia <3