•chapter ten•

link's pov
sunday

i woke up at eleven and rhett wasnt here to get me. raymond unhooked every needle and tube from me so i could get up. i didnt have my phone since i left it at rhett's house, so i couldnt text him that i was ready. i sat and sat, waiting but he wasnt coming. i decided to leave the room and ask to use one of the phones here.

rhett's pov

my phone rang from the counter and scared me. i lied on the couch till i was done stretching, then got up to answer my phone. it was link. "shit, i forgot." i picked it up and said, "link im so so sorry, i was up all night. im coming dont worry." "okay." he replied. i hung up and ran upstairs to get dressed and brushed my teeth. i got in the car and drove the 'fast' way to get him.

i made it there and was about to go to his room but the receptionist stopped me. "um sir, you have to sign in please." "im here to pick up link. room a129." i was panting like a dog at this point. "sorry you have to sign in." she glared at me like a second grader glaring at a friend who stole his/her legos. i signed in but wouldnt be able to read my hand writing. when i got into the room, link jumped up and hugged me like he hasnt seen me in years. "im here." i said taking breaths in between each word. "are you ready to go home." still embracing him in the hug. he let go and nodded with joy.

"i love you." link whispered into my ear before walking out. i smiled as we walked out. looking back into the room we saw raymond sitting on the bed. "arent you coming out of there raymond." "nah, i just need to take a little break and think. you guys get out of here." he chuckled.

time skip

when we got home, the kids were running around as jessie cooked lunch. "oh thats where you went." "yeah i had to get him." i said. "well how you doing link?" jessie said startling him. "im fine, thanks. can i go lie down?" "yes of course, do whatever you need to do buddy." i smiled. he left and i sat on the couch, exhausted from the past few days. jessie came over and sat next to me. she touched my thigh and tried to kiss my neck but i pushed her away. "what was that for!?" i dont feel the same anymore.. i stalled for a couple seconds and then said, "im sorry jessie. im just thinking too much right now and i dont know how to feel." i got up and walked upstairs. i didnt run, i just walked as nonchalantly as i could. i got upstairs and locked the bathroom door behind me. i didnt know what to think or feel. do i love link like that? do i not love jessie like that anymore? that cant be, shes my wife.

i heard someone walking up the stairs so i tensed up. jessie knocked on the door and i told her i was fine but she was still yelling and pounding for me to let her in.
TO BE CONTINUED

word count: 563