•chapter twelve•

link's pov
sunday

i was downstairs for about an hour until i heard rhett walk down the stairs. "hey rhett." "hey link. whats up, why didnt you wake me up?" he asked. "you looked so comfy, you needed rest." we both smiled and he got something to eat. afterwards we sat on the couch and talked about anything. i was feeling so much better and it was all because of rhett. "ya know... im gonna have to talk to christy soon right. i cant just avoid my problems." "yes i know buddy, but not now. youre doing so well, i dont want her to ruin that." he said. "but i kinda want to get it over with and talk to her.." "okay listen, we'll text her and ask if she wants to talk and we'll see what her response is." he explained. "ok ok we'll do that."

christy's pov
time skip

i dropped the kids off at school and went back home. i texted jessie.

christy: is link still at your place?
jessie: yup. rhett isnt letting him see you right now because hes fixing his mental health :)
christy: ok well idk why he cant be a man and talk to me. kick him out or something.
jessie: christy, you sound like a child. dont you want your husband to get better?
christy: no i want him to stop being a pussy and talk to me.
read

she left me on read so i texted rhett. but as i did, he texted me first.

rhett: hey christy, link is still here and wants to talk if thats okay?
christy: yea if course, i wanna talk to him too! when can i see him :)
rhett: uh, ill ask link
read

rhett's pov

"she wants to know when you want to talk to her." i yelled to link from the couch. "in person?" "yup, shes so happy link. she misses you. shes not being a bitch! i think she actually wants to sit and talk." i said. "uhm i can today?" "okay ill tell her."

rhett: he said today?
christy: okay! what time. its about 12 right now so, around 5?
rhett: that'll work :)
read

christy's pov

i wanted to talk to link. but to tell him how much of a coward he was. he doesnt need to stay at his bestfriends house evrery damn day. he has kids, and a wife.

time skip
link's pov

it was five pm now and i said i would talk to christy. i really didnt want to, but i know i have to. and i wanted to do it sooner than later to get it over with. "link, its 5!" rhett yelled from downstairs. "ill be down in a minute."

"wow you look good." he said smiling. i smiled and said thanks. "ya know, she isnt acting crazy now. so i think it'll be ok. ill be in the car waiting for u to be done." he said. "okay."

we made it to the house and i walked up to the door, shaking. damn im a pussy. i knocked and right away, she answered. "hey link. come in." she smiled waving at rhett. she slammed the door. "w-where are the kids?" i asked. "oh they are at the babysitters. i wanted our talk to be private." i sat on the couch and she sat next to me. "so, why the hell are you staying with rhett? you have a family link." she started yelling a little. "christy, youre yelling. i thought you just wanted to talk, not fucking yell." i said.

"well im sorry that my husband left me with the kids to go play with his little boyfriend." "im sorry that my wife abused me. and rhett is my bestfriend, not boyfriend." i said looking her in the face. "link!" she yelled which frightened me. "youre a pussy! you cant get yelled at from your wife without shaking?" "no i cant because thats not how anyone should live. all you do is make me hate myself and im sick of it. i want a divorce christy." i said finally standing up for myself.

"well guess what. if we get a divorce, i keep the house, i keep the kids, you getting to see them on the weekends. you can live with your boyfriend." she said. "sounds fucking good to me!"
TO BE CONTINUED

word count: 739

ahh i finally updated haha ~mia