•chapter four•

link's pov
thursday

i got out of the car and waved as rhett drove away. i walked fast over to christy because i didnt want to be 'too' annoying for her. "get in the car." she said waiting for me to get right in front of her to tell me. i walked back over to the car and got in the passenger seat because i knew she wouldnt want me to drive. she came over and got into the drivers seat and started to go to the school.
the ride was a quiet one this time. which surprised me because she usually yells at me the whole time, but i wasnt complaining.

we got to the school and got out to go inside. "don't embarrass me infront of these people." i didnt respond to save the yelling and just nodded. god i have to stop letting her get to me like that... i need to do something about this.. i hate myself because of her.

when we walked in, we saw teachers walking around with parents showing them their kids' artworks. "hello!" a lady with a clipboard said to us. "hi, how are you?" christy said back. "im good, thank you for asking. mr johnson is ready for you guys." she said pointing to the office.
we walked in and sat across him at his desk. he told us to call him liam, so thats what we did. he asked random questions about ourselves but i didn't answer a lot of them because christy told me not to before we came. then he talked about the kids and how they were doing in classes. none of them have been bad and none of them were failing.

when we got up to leave, i pushed in my chair, but walked by it and tripped. "omg link what the hell!" christy yelled, not even trying to care about me infront of others . "woah, are you okay sir?" liam asked me. "yeah im fine." i got up brushing off my knees. "you dont need to call him sir. he messes up everything." christy laughed. "im human too, im not an inanimate object." "well sometimes i think you are." she punched my stomach in a 'playful' way. i tried not to make it look like it hurt, but it did. i pretended to laugh but let out a sob instead. "come on stop being a baby." christy said while pulling my hair. "okay you can stop that now." liam said. "oh dont worry, we always play around like this." i stood up straight and put a weak smile on my face trying to show that i was 'okay'.

"well thank you so much for talking to us. it was a pleasure." christy shook his hand but i walked out before they did. i ran towards the 'facility only' bathrooms because i felt like i was going to puke. i haven't been eating lately because of all the stress that was building on top of me. i didn't tell anyone because i didn't want to go to the hospital and make my mental health worse. so i let myself endure it all at once.

as i was running to the bathroom, i heard christy yelling my name. i didnt stop though. i entered the bathroom and locked the door. i went over to the toilet and sat next to it. a couple minutes later, there was knocking on the door. there were two people, christy and liam..
i sat there until it stopped and didn't hear anything. i just threw up phlegm and blood. i washed my hands then opened the door, but right when i opened it, liam and christy stopped me. "are you okay man?" liam asked "er, yeah yeah sorry." we shook his hand and went back to the car with the kids this time.

"link, i told you not to embarrass me and you fall! then you fucking run to the bathroom like an idiot without shaking his hand like a gentleman." "its not my fault i fell, i just tripped. i don't know when you will understand that i am a human, just like you. so stop bitching and just shut the hell up about it! i'm so sorry that i can't do anything right." i tried not to yell but i couldn't help it.
"get out." "what?" "you heard me, get the hell out." christy said while pointing. i got out, shut the door and just stood there watching them drive away. i walked a little ways and sat on a curb. i felt bad about not being there for my kids but i couldn't stand her anymore.

link: rhett..
link: are you home?
link: rhett, i need you rn.
link: christy kicked me out of the car at the school. i need a ride. im cold. i need someone to just talk to.
link: rhett.. please answer.
rhett: omg, im sorry, i didn't see this till now! im coming, stay there.
read

rhett's pov

i got in my car as fast as i could and drove to the school. we have to do something about this christy situation. i always felt so bad and the worst part about everything was, that i couldn't do anything about it without link's permission to ask someone else for help.

when i was on my way up to the school, i saw link on a curb about a block down just sitting. i parked, got out and walked to him. he looked up with tears strolling down his face, he got up and hugged me as tight as he could. we stood there for a minute hugging. "come on, we have to get home."
TO BE CONTINUED

word count: 955

i hope you guys are liking this, (like i say everytime) just comment if you want to see something changed. ~mia <3