•chapter nine•

rhett's pov
saturday

i woke up on the chair in link's room, forgetting why i was in there for a minute. my back hurt so bad since there really wasnt a way to sleep in a chair this small. i looked at him and he had tubes in his nose and needles in his arms. he looked so sad even when he was asleep. it broke me.

i went out to get myself breakfast and ate it in the car before he woke up. when i went back in he was still sleeping so i sat in the chair.. again.

time skip

it hit about eleven and he finally woke up. he looked at me and smiled, it seemed like a genuine one this time. "hi rhett." "hi buddy. how do you feel?" i asked, smiling back, putting my hand on the his. his eyes lit up when i touched him, which made me have a weird sensation inside.. i liked it though, it was nice, warm and cozy. "im hungry." he said making me look at his face instead of our hands. "oh okay ill go tell someone." i got up and went out into the hall to find raymond. i walked down to the receptionist's desk and asked where he was. i also told her what was wrong. "oh hes on break, what room do you need him in?" "a129." i replied with a tired voice, not even meaning it. "okay ill send him in right when he gets back." i nodded and walked back to the room. when i got there, link's eyes were closed. i went and sat down next to him, touched his arm, and he opened his eyes to look at me. "are you still hungry?" "yea, im starving." he replied. right after he said that, raymond came in with some food. "hey, sorry i was on break. i brought food cause i heard you were hungry." link smiled.

link got done eating, and he was so proud of himself because he hasnt eaten a full meal for so long. he was sitting up and just started at the wall smiling. "watcha thinking about buddy?" "huh, oh um. im just happy i guess. its the first time ive felt like this in so long." he replied with his 'real' voice. i loved his voice so much, his hair, his smile, his lips, his everything..

"i dont like him like that?" i whispered to myself out of nowhere. "what did u say?" "n-nothing. dont worry, im just thinking." i replied reassuring him that i wasnt insane. but maybe i was.. "oh okay." he replied

the day went on with link and i sitting in a room, talking and talking all day long. it was honestly one of the best days of my life. hanging out with my best friend.

time skip

it hit about nine o'clock so i had to leave, even though i didnt want to, but i had to get home to jessie.

rhett: im on my way home
jessie: no you should stay with link, he needs you.
rhett: but i need to come home tonight, it hurts me to see him like this. hes leaving tomorrow
jessie: okay be careful, drive home safely
rhett: okay ill be home soon
read

"im gonna head home buddy. ill be here early in the morning to take you home." "okay.. promise?" "promise." i said softly, leaning down kissing his soft, blushing cheek. i stood up straight and walked out shutting the door behind me. i stood by the door and smiled, then walked away.

time skip

when i got home, the kids were in bed since it was pretty late and jessie and i just watched tv. "so how was he today?" jessie asked me. "he was fine. he was actually hungry and ate for once." "thats good." i looked over and saw her staring at the tv with a blank expression on her face. we sat there for over an hour just watching, not talking. "well im going to bed." she finally told me, leaning down kissing my head. for some reason i didnt feel like i used to feel when she kissed me. i was sad.

she went up to bed and i stayed on the couch and just sat. i didnt lay down, i didnt sleep. i just sat all night long with the tv muted and thought.
TO BE CONTINUED

word count: 772

i hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! this one was alittle longer than some but i thought you guys needed more rhink content :)) vote down below ~mia <3