•chapter five•

rhett's pov
thursday

when i was driving home, link fell asleep so instead of going straight home, i drove around for a bit. i wanted to go home before five for dinner but it was only three thirty. i drove everywhere, past restaurants, stores like target and walmart, and i drove by people's houses that we knew. i loved driving because it took my mind off of my problems because i was focusing on the road in front of me. at least they go away for awhile.

i finally started to drive home since it was getting close to five and i didnt want jessie to worry about me. this time when we get home, i wasnt gonna let link leave until he was ready.

time skip

i woke link up gently and told him that he was safe. i guided him inside and let him go to the guest room. jessie startled me by starting the sentence, "what happened? you didnt tell me where you were going." i snapped back into reality and realized what she said. "oh, link and christy got into a fight again. she kicked him out of the car and told him to walk.. i dont think that links the one that starts the fights, hes too innocent to do that stuff. he cant handle all of this." i said while tears started falling.

jessie's pov

rhett told me what happened but this time he was talking slow and started to tear up. i mean link is his best friend and he had to watch all of this happen to him. it's heartbreaking.

he kept explaining that he wanted link to get a divorce and how he wanted him to live with us forever.

rhett's pov

at this point i couldnt stop crying.. was i a baby for sobbing like this? i never cried unless it was important, but this was important.. right? link is my best friend and i love him.

"i have been noticing link getting alot skinnier since this all started." jessie said as she looked over at the kids to make sure they were okay. "yeah, i noticed too.." "you should talk to him more to get deeper into whats going on." "when should i?" i asked. "well not tonight, just let him sleep. he had a rough day." i nodded and went up to the bathroom. i jumped in the shower before dinner and put on comfier clothes. "dinner is ready!" jessie yelled from downstairs after twenty minutes.

i went downstairs but first checked on link. i walked in and looked to see if he was ok. then i kissed him on the forehead and went downstairs.

when everyone was done with dinner, we cleaned up and got ready for bed. jessie tucked the kids in and then she went to bed but i stayed downstairs. i couldnt stop thinking... "what if link had an eating disorder and he wasnt telling us?" "what if he was trying to kill himself by not eating?" i asked these questions quietly to myself all night long because i had nothing better to do.

time skip
friday

it hit about three AM and i couldnt sleep. as i was staring off into space, i heard footsteps walking downstairs. i turned up the tv to make it look like i was watching it. i looked over and saw link peaking around the corner. "rhett." "whats up bud?" i said trying to act like i was somewhat okay. "i woke up and now i cant go back to sleep." "come sit." i patted the couch next to me.

he came and sat down next to me and watched the tv. we didnt talk much since we were tired... but not tired, you know?

ten minutes later, link was out. his head on my shoulder and hand intertwined with my hand. i didnt mind it so i just let it happen. i started to get tired of just sitting there thinking so i leaned my head on his and muted the tv so my headache would disappear with my thoughts.
TO BE CONTINUED

word count: 712

hey guys, hope you liked this chapter. got a little sappy at the end there :,) dont forget to vote down below. ~mia <3