•chapter eight•

rhett's pov
friday

i knew who it was outside of the door, he knew too. "yes of course." raymond said stepping out of the way to let her in. link looked at me again and mouthed, "i want to leave." "we have to stay buddy." i said softly back to him. christy walked in. "oh my goodness, what happened?" she acted like she was worried but link and i knew she really wasnt. "can you give us a minute?" "sure, but when i come back in we're gonna have to weigh you link." raymond walked out and shut the door behind him. christy looked at the door, waiting for him to walk away. "link, what the hell! why are you here without me and with him?" she said pointing at me. "he want-" "i wanted to take him. do you see what youre doing to him? he cant handle any of this anymore christy. youre killing him!" she looked at me with a deep glare. "well you didnt tell me you were bringing him. why, what the hell is wrong with him?" "his mental health, his physical health, just everything, all because of you. trust me." i said. "well if you couldnt handle it anymore, why didnt you tell me!?" "b-because i didnt want you to get mad and yell. but you are now because all you do is yell.." he said quietly under his breath. "what the fuck did you just say!" she took her hand and slapped him across the face, kicked his shin and walked out slamming the door. all he did was sit there like he was used to all of this... its because he was.

i went over to him, grabbed his face and smashed my lips onto his, i could feel him smiling. he lips were so soft and tasted like candy.. we pulled out and looked at each other in the eyes until raymond walked back in. "okay, im back. are you ready link?" i backed away from him slowly. "y-yeah. im ready." "okay so the scale is right there. if you would please take your shoes off and step on it."

i couldnt stop smiling but, i wasn't supposed to do that.. i have a wife and kids, link has somewhat of a wife but also kids. i felt guilty but happy at the same time. i did this to myself.

"okay his weight it 114lbs. do you know what his weight was before this all started?" raymond said snapping me back into reality. "um, well he weighed about 182 last time i knew." "okay so this is not a heathy weight. plus, you are very tall so you should weigh around 200 to 250 for a healthy weight at this point." i saw link stop smiling and look at raymond. "so, im going to have to ask you some questions and then i will decide what we will do. sound good?" he asked, but we had no choice. we both nodded then sat back in our seats where we were when we first came in. he started asking link questions like "how much do you eat in a day?" and "how do you feel after you eat?" just basic questions that all doctors ask if this is happening to someone. link answered all of them but at some points, looked at me to help him out.

time skip

when all the questions were answered, he prescribed link dronabinol to increase his appetite. "youre going to have to stay here for at least two days. we need to check up on you for the first fourty eight hours." raymond told us in a soft voice. link looked at me with the worry and looked back at raymond. "can rhett stay here for awhile?" "yes of course, its his choice." raymond looked over at me. "well im gonna go get patty and we'll start soon, rhett i dont want to make you upset but i will have to ask you to leave for awhile so we can get 'started'" "okay thats fine." i said reassuring him. he left the room and shut the door behind him. "i dont want to stay here. i want to be with you at your house." link said with an exhausted voice. "i know buddy but they have to make sure youre gonna be okay, its for the best. i will come tomorrow and stay as long as i need to." i smiled. he nodded and looked away, and just played it off cool. he didnt even pay attention to us just kissing. did he like it?

time skip

raymond walked back in, "this is patty, patty meet rhett and link." "hi." we shook hands and link just smiled his weak, fake, sad one that hes been using. "okay, rhett. we are gonna have to ask you to leave for the privacy of the patient. just for at least two hours?" patty said. "okay. bye link, ill be back dont worry." he looked at me as i shut the door. i walked down the hall to the waiting room and sat. forgetting about jessie today, i got a text from her.

jessie: rhett, where are you? the kids and i are home but youre not.
rhett: omg i totally forgot to tell you, i took link to the hospital. i'll explain later okay.
jessie: oh ok, when will you be home?
rhett: i dont know. ill talk later tho
read

i sat in the waiting room for over an hour and a half. i didnt go anywhere to make time go by faster because i was too worried and upset.

raymond came out calling my name soon after. i got up and walked to the room. the door was shut, no one was in it except link. i knocked lightly then waked in, but he was asleep. i sat down on the chair beside him and waited because i wasnt leaving his side.
TO BE CONTINUED

word count: 1022

hey guys, i hope you like this book so far ksksk. make sure to vote down below ~mia <3