Chapter 26: Dismantle & Recover

"This isn't a good idea Aqueela." Jay reminds me for the billionth time and I ignore him for the billionth time. "You know we're not on good terms as of right now."

I nod, "Yah and that's my fault. Remember?" I take the liberty to remind him too of when Grey called me crazy and Jay took my side, practically throwing Grey out the house. I really didn't see that coming. I didn't think that Jay would take my side over his friend's, perhaps is only real friend, side. It meant a lot to me and though I was highly flattered, I also felt responsible and guilty for Jay losing his only real friendship. "I'm going to fix what I happened to stuff up."

Jay rolls his eyes, "You're so melodramatic. Grey would come around on his own eventually. He always does. Besides we were never really that close so-"

Now it's my turn to roll my eyes, yet again copying his actions, "Oh shut up already Jay. The whole world can tell that you and Grey have some type of bromance going on. Just face it, you two are friends or were friends, whatever." I huff, exasperated by the two of them always denying it when it was so obvious that they depended on each other, especially on the tracks. I mean Jay gave Grey a car for flip sake and he still denies that Grey is indeed his friend.

Jay furrows his eyebrows in distaste at my choice of words, "Can you not use the word 'bromance' ?" he asks, frustrated, but not denying any of what I'd said either.

"That depends." I answer nonchalantly.

He raises his eyebrows, skeptical, "On what exactly?"

"On if I feel like it." I tease, "Do I feel like it?" I ask aloud and tap my chin in mock thought, "Yup I do indeedie. Jay and Grey are in a bromance!" I shout the last part offal blast as Jay slaps a hand over my mouth to shut me up.

"Can you not be...you?" Jay asks as he removes his hand off my mouth, "At least not around here." he motions to the tracks and the cars and his people, the so called bad ass people.

"JT are you really asking me to mask my true self?" I ask, feigning offence as I place a hand over my heart.

He takes one look at me before nodding, without so much as some hesitation, "Yes. Yip. That's definitely what I'm asking." he confirms way to easily for my liking, so much for not trying to hurt my feelings.

I frown, "Oh please Jay, don't sugarcoat it any further!" I snap sarcastically.

He holds his hand sup in defence, "You called me JT again. Technically you were asking for it."

I think about it and shrug, "Touche." All though it had been quite some time since I called him JT, but do I get any gratitude? Nope. None!

We fall silent as a girl in a racing suite strolls past us casually. She immediately notices Jay and grins, "Sup JT." she greets, over friendly and offers me a smile in the process and I return it all to eagerly with a bounce to my step and a wave, excited to meet new people. How I love meeting new people. It should be my hobby.

I was hoping she'd stay and talk, but she was racing soon so she went off to see to her ride. I pout at this and then turn to Jay accusingly as it clicks, "Hey!" I raise my voice at the realization, "She called you JT!" I point out to him, "And you didn't say anything." I retort stubbornly, not letting this go. "In fact everyone around here addresses you as JT, so why can't I?"

Jay sighs, adverting eye contact, "Because you're not one of them Aqueela." he mutters.

I cross my arms and glower at him, "Wow. If you're trying to piss me off I must say that you're very talented!" I hiss before spinning around on my toes and heading to the tracks to wait in anticipation for Grey to get back from his stupid race with his stupid car that stupid Jay gave him.