Chapter 2 Not as I Remembered

EEEEEEE!

EEEEEEE!

EEEEEEE!

Stupid alarm. At this rate, I'm going to hate my new job. The clock reads 10 p.m. which would give me plenty time to shower and make it to work a little early. So long as I keep myself occupied with all the extra chores, it will keep me from falling asleep on the shift. All in all, I just want to sneak out without my dad seeing especially after the guilt blooming in my stomach of earlier's fight continues to fester.

Pushing myself off the bed, I grab some loose clothes and take them to the shower with me. I'll receive my uniform tonight, so there's no need to wear anything particularly nice. After washing my body down in the warm water, I quickly dry and pull my hair into a ponytail. I then apply little to no makeup afterwards. I'll be alone and it'll be dark anyways. At last, I'm ready to take on the night! So long as I leave the house quickly without Dad seeing me on my way out. Ah, and one last thing for good luck! I place the Bonnie keychain on my belt loop as per usual.

Tiptoeing in my tennis shoes, I creep through the hallways. Some light flickers against the walls, casting an eerie glow. The same kind of luminescent light that's emitted from a TV. Dammit, he's awake. No point in sneaking anymore.

"(Y/n), are you going to come out so I can see you or are you going to continue standing in the dark hoping I'll disappear?"

Yep, he's definitely awake. My head hangs low as I drudge out of my hiding place. I didn't want to face him right now and I most certainly didn't want to get to the pizzeria late. My eyes remain downcast towards the ground even after I stood in front of him because I knew the floor wasn't judging me or had any sort of emotion towards me whereas my dad did.

"Look, I'm sorry about earlier. I just wanted you to be informed. You seem so eager to get yourself into a situation that's far more complicated and fragile than any other option in the work force. I don't understand why you chose this, but I'd rather you not be upset with me."

"I know, Dad... but really, it's fine. I can take care of myself and look, I'm bringing the pepper spray with me." There was no need to, but I figured he wouldn't be so nervous and hard on me if I brought the stuff anyways. It sat in the pocket nearest to my keychain. When I heard him wearily huff a small laugh, my gaze lifts to see him.

Dad leaned forward in slumped manner, his elbows on his knees. He doesn't usually stay up this late so I assume his posture is due to exhaustion and a battle against sleep. "We're a team, kiddo, and I'll always be on your side. Thank you for keeping the pepper spray on you. Again, if you ever feel in danger, tell me. I'll bring the rest of the force as back up."

Dad works as an officer for the police and he's always resented the Fazbear pizzerias since the original family diner. I never understood why and he refused to tell me because back then I was considered "too young and I didn't need to hear that kind of thing." That was long ago though. Now I am my own adult and things have changed for the restaurants. They will continue to change as long as I'm there. I approach my dad, placing a kiss on his cheek before I say my goodbyes.

"I'll be back around six-thirty or so. That means get to bed. Love you, I'll be back soon!" Dashing out the door, I head into my 1960's Volkswagen Beetle. I call it Herbie. It was expensive, but it's been faithful the few years I've had it. Next thing I know, I'm jamming to the radio station all ten minutes it takes to arrive at the restaurant. My watch reads 11:41 p.m. which is slightly later than I'd hoped to get here by, but what can you do?