Chapter 6 Old Wounds, New Scars

I'm glaring at my watch as if it were its fault for saying the time was only three in the morning. I have another three hours of sitting in the dark with these loons. Worse, they don't know how to shut up for five seconds. Especially Springtrap. I can only hope that's because he's been locked in a room for five years with no one to talk to or see. However, it's rather odd that he can't stop speaking, but never gives up too much detail about who he was before becoming whatever he is now. He's mysterious and secretive. I've only found out he wasn't born in America, though he moved here at some point in his life. His lack of understanding some things we do here suggests he moved across the sea when he was closer to being an adult than a child. He likes to poke fun at what we do and how weird we are for measuring in our "made up" scales. Especially temperatures. Springtrap hates Fahrenheit.

So if he was so happy in Europe, why bother moving here? "Hey, Springtrap, why'd you move so far from home if you were happier there?"

Previously, I'd tried getting away from him by climbing back into the Freddy suit. Turns out, I don't know how to get in unless he does it for me which, of course, he wouldn't help. He said if I was smart, I could figure it out.

Okay, sorry I don't specialize in dressing up in strange animal costumes! I don't want to bust his bubble, but I wouldn't exactly take pride in knowing how to use these things. Therefore, I settled for sitting in the spare parts room, having been too afraid to re-enter the main party area. He's not much better company, but it would seem I don't have a choice.

"Happier in Europe? I don't know if I can honestly say which is better or worse. I had my reasons for leaving. You don't just cross seas and change your whole life because you feel like it." Gee thanks, that tells me exactly what I wanted to know. I didn't already predict that you came here for some reason. Why does he avoid direct answers so much?

"So... did you leave for a girl or something?" If he's not going to be specific, then I will have to ask better questions.

He's back at the door, studying the handle as if he wanted to grab it. He doesn't and continues fidgeting. Springtrap appears to be getting antsy in here and ignores all other questions. Even with the light on, this is still too small of a place and too similar to the one he'd been trapped in for so long. Whatever, if he'd let me go home, he wouldn't have to babysit me in this tiny spot. The pressure must have broke him because next thing I know, he's grabbing the collar of my shirt and dragging me back into the dining area with the stage full of robotic animals.

My fingers reflexively reach for his hand, clawing catlike at the fabric hiding everything underneath. For being as old as it is, the golden cloth is durable and doesn't tear. "No! Not again, let me go-!" Because my hands are doing absolutely nothing to free myself, I use my feet to try gripping the ground but to no avail. As a result something far worse happens in exchange for my thrashing: my back begins splitting open yet again. The scabs were too fresh and fragile to keep the skin from breaking. It's not a serious injury, but I'm writhing in agony enough to stop fighting. The only thing warm in this restaurant is the blood oozing from behind me.

"Now look at what you've done. Doll, I told you. They can't hurt you. Stop making such a fuss, it's getting annoying." The rabbit yanks my collar rougher and I barely manage to keep myself somewhat upright. He sighs loudly in relief as he "escorts" me out and finds far more open space beyond the doorway. A table decorated with confetti and party hats is randomly selected to drop me off at. "You're begging for an infection and a worse scar than you were originally going to have. Stay. I'm going to find a new shirt." And leave me with these four? I don't think so! My left hand plants firmly on the table while I push up, determined to get to my feet. Springtrap lands one of his own hands on my shoulder, forcibly shoving me back down to the table. "Stop." This time, he sends a glare formidable enough to send chills down my spine.