Chapter 10 Let me in

Let me in ~ Snowmine

Just to want it,

And not to need it,

Makes me hate it.

But then you let me in,

And I don't want it.

But you made me believe it.

So do I really? Do I really want?

~☾~

Stress stress stress!

My balled fists knock at my head a couple times, then grip the hair firmly. I want to pull wildly and run around to release some of my inner complications. For the past couple hours, I've been pending two ideas: show up at the restaurant ready to dance or act like the whole exchange between Springtrap and me never happened. I don't want to dance with him! But only because I'm afriad I'll screw it up... However, if I don't try at all, I may not have this opportunity again and I'll regret it until the day I become an old person and die.

The mere thought is enough to send shivers down my spine. My eyes lock on the closet door, reminiscing the one prom my dad made me go to. He said, "I want you to have at least one magically prom night to remember. They're meant to be fun and if you be yourself, relax, and remember to smile, then you'll have a momentous time you never would have imagined." The memory almost fades away right then until I suddenly recall his index finger wagging far too close to my face. "But no boys." Ugh, Dad- I do miss him.

The dress I wore was long enough to cover my legs and it was made of a fine silk, the color of the freshest golden glow honey. There were some frills here and there, a larger one that attached from my waist and glided down my side until it reached the bottom of the dress' hems. Dad picked it out with me. It's too bad I hadn't used it to dance when I should have. Really, I just stood around the dance floor, running from person to person until I found a familiar face. Ah, the high school days.

A lightbulb lights up above my head. Literally- I just turned on the closet light when I realize I could use it properly tonight, but would I be going overboard by dressing up? Maybe he's not expecting me to wear formal attire. It's not fair that Springtrap is wearing a purple bowtie at all times, he's always looking semi formal!

And back to the tormented mental war zone inside my skull I go.

~☾~

Susie can hardly contain herself, phantom curls bouncing on her head as she darts around the pizzeria. "Yay yay yay!" She's jumping up in down in front of Gabriel with her fists punching wildly in the air. "Gabe, (y/n) is going to dance! Do you think she's going to look like a princess? Do you think she's going to wear a pretty dress? Do you think she wants me to do her makeup? I want to look like a princess too!"

The untamable energy radiating off the blonde girl was making Gabriel nauseous. He grips his forehead and groans while the images of Susie putting makeup on (y/n) flood his mind. Poor girl would look like a clown. "Yeah, I'm sure she'll look great." He pats her head gently, but really he just wants to climb back into the Freddy suit. No more parties for him, please. Fritz waltzes over, bearing the same unenthused expression he usually has.

"Fritz, Gabe thinks I can put makeup on (y/n) and she would look really pretty!"

"Whatever, Susie. It's disgusting that you would happily entertain the idea of this girl, who'd been repeatedly harmed by him, dancing around with our killer as if it meant nothing. It's sick!" He hisses venomously at her. This is the part where Susie usually breaks down and sobs. Typically, Jeremy or Gabriel would have to calm her down, but not this time.