Chapter 8 Scooby Snacks

Mt. Washington ~ Local Natives

Digging like you can bury
Something that cannot die
Or we could wash the dirt off our hands now
Keep it from living underground

I don't have to see you right now

I don't have to see you right nowI don't have to see you right nowI don't have to see you right now

☾ ~

"New pair of shoes... new outfit... makeup..."

Standing before my mirror, I look over myself one last time. I've drawn some scruff with brown eyeliners and lip pencils to give my face the look of a beard. An oversized jumpsuit is equipped as well and a hat that I can use to cover my eyes. Just in case, I've also rubbed extra eyeliner around my eyes to make them appear darker, more exhausted and I've drawn thicker eyebrows for myself. The last touch was putting my hair up.

I look like a guy now!

It's been a week since Freddy suggested I take a second glance at the newspapers I found, a week since I started staying outside during the day hours with Springtrap until the hype for a missing girl at the pizzeria settles. I've wanted to go home while Springtrap was out of commission, but the fear of him finding out and what might happen after he found my house was suffocating. Still, it only took myself two days of convincing before I went home. I needed a bath, new clothes, and real food. After I was taken care of, I always returned to that secret place in the woods. Obviously, I knew I wouldn't get away with such a feat considering I looked far healthier than I previously had. Springtrap was ready to wring my neck when he saw.

He didn't. He decided it's better seeing me upset and mentally hurting than dead. His words were "You came back just like I said you would. The best part is: I know where your house is now." I didn't believe that for a second until he, in incredible detail, described the bedroom I used to sleep in. He even pointed that I had a Bonnie plush on my bed. The same one I bought along with the keychain.

How?

That's why I've taken to wearing a disguise. Not only that but I can't take the chance that someone might recognize me.

Springtrap didn't stop me from coming here in the day while my dad was at work, so I kept coming back. I could leave a note for my dad to find me... but not until I make this "adventure" worth everyone's time. I need more proof.

"Hopefully no one recognizes me like this."

The walk to the restaurant was not appreciated, I missed my car- I missed it more-so when I noticed the parking lot full of new vehicles, none being mine. Seems they'd already towed it away from the pizzeria for further investigation.

The restaurant had reopened sometime yesterday. They had to bring business back or else the company would go bankrupt. Though I know the Fazbear family is freaking over the fact that Springtrap has yet to reappear. When he does, no one will be prepared, I'm sure. Over the course of the week I've been missing, I've noticed a strange blood lust the animatronic has accumulated. I've settled for it being a result of being trapped in a room for so long. He died and this company covered it up. Perhaps it's a revenge story?

Yet, I haven't dismissed the idea that he's always been this way. That's why I'm here today: to find out what happened and who this guy really is.

Pushing open the glass doors, freshly baked pizza wafts through the air. I've already eaten, so this scent doesn't appeal to me. Plus, I think I'm good on pizza for a lifetime. Once more, I find myself stalking the corridors of this haunted building in search for answers I've nearly died for three times over. Speaking of... there's the animatronics now. They're on stage, dancing and singing their catchy ditties proudly, acting as they were programmed to. It reminds me of the day I first walked in hoping to get a job.