23

I was sat on my windowsill, looking out to the bright world surrounded by the darkness

I was sat on my windowsill, looking out to the bright world surrounded by the darkness. I wiped my tears falling from my eyes which were covering up my vision.

I gulped down as my tears became almost over baring and my breathing seemed to be out of control.

I need to hit something. Maybe the window, then it gives me easy access to escaping, to jumping my life away. My hands started to ball up into fists, hurting as I held tighter and tighter and tighter.

The sound of the door through me from my thoughts. It was a simple knock so I stood, looking to my hands as I walked. Blood slowly pouring from them. I didn't even realise my own strength sometimes.

I, using my fingers that were not covered in blood opened the door to prevent blood coating the handle, opened the door. I saw Ralph standing there with a pizza box and a bunch of flowers.

"Hey." I said simply, leaning against the door frame, shocked he was speaking to me.

"Hey. I know how tough breakups can be so I brought you a freshly made Meat Feast pizza with extra bacon and some flowers. I thought we could watch a movie or something, to get your mind off it."

I gave him a weak smile.

"Thank you. Just come on in. Give me a minute to sort something out." Ralph nodded as I started to walk towards my kitchen which in my apartment was in the open and anyone could see what I was doing.

I opened the cupboard and pulled out my box of tablets and medical equipment. I should have some bandages in here somewhere.

I raked through, pulling everything out of the box. I saw the white material and grabbed it instantly.

I started to wrap my left hand in the bandage when my right hand started to hurt from gripping it so much.

"Son of a bitch!" I shouted to help get through the pain.

"Hey, hey, hey. What's up?" Ralph asked, walking very quickly might I add into the kitchen. He looked at my hand and the bandaged up one.

"Here, let me." Ralph made some room on the bench before gently picking me up from my waist and placing me on the counter.

"I don't get how you were able to lift me up here." I muttered to myself as he took the bandages from my hands and started to wrap my hands up.

"I'm a meta-human. I can do all sorts of things." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm the one with superhuman strength. Not you."

"You're aren't heavy. You need to stop thinking you are." I looked and made eye-contact with him.

"I'm a size 14, going into the 16. If that isn't a bit heavy then I don't know what is. Hell my jeans won't fit over my fat thighs like ever."

There was a moment of silence before I finished my sentence.