04

"Hey

"Hey."

"Go away." I said not looking from my desk as I was drawing out designs for a safer pipeline in Star Labs.

"Alex." I rolled my eyes and looked to Cisco.

"Oh hey. I thought you were Barry. Sorry for the cold treatment." I smiled to him.

"Come on we need to go!" I furrowed my brows.

"What why?" I stood from my seat.

"Because we are superheroes and Ralph needs our help." I nodded.

"Let's go and be superheroes."

***

I got changed into my green (not an awful green but a nice green) superhero suit and placed the mask over my eyes.

"You took your time." I chuckled and punched him in the arm.

Cisco opened up a breach and we both jumped through. Ending up in a back alley. I looked around to see Ralph on the floor, Barry leaning beside a bin and this old guy.

"Leave him alone." Cisco said in a very dark and raspy type voice.

"Who's this guy and why haven't I seen him before?" I asked before running over to help Barry, Cisco seemed like everything was under control.

"Hey Flash, wakey wakey." I said helping him get up. We then looked up ahead to see a helicopter quite low down, just as if it had recently took off.

"The mayor took Joe. I can't run fast enough right now I'll never have enough speed to jump off a building. Can you breach me up there?" Barry asked in his distorted voice so he wouldn't be recognised by Ralph.

"No way the event horizon would rip that helicopter apart." I looked at then.

"You could just run me up to a tall building and throw me off it and then I can jump onto the helicopter and bring it down with my..."

"No!" Both boys shouted making me roll my eyes.

"We've gotta save Joe."

"Well what do we do?" I looked over my shoulder to see Ralph still standing there. I smirked and turned to face him.

"I have an idea."

Barry looked to him as well.

"You can get me up there."

"Me? How?" Ralph seemed so innocent and confused. Bless his little heart.

"You can stretch, grab it." Barry's voice raising slightly. Time was running out and we weren't gonna loose Joe, not today at least.

"Are you crazy? I can't do that."

"Yes you can!" Barry and I both said moving slightly forward towards Ralph.

"Alright I know that you have it inside you. To help someone other than yourself. I know you Ralph." I smiled at Barry.

"How could you possibly know me?" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms as Barry took off his mask and revealed himself to yet another person.

"Dude are you kidding me? You're the flash! Everyone else gets stuck by lightning and dies and you get superpowers."

"Oh my god Ralph you are not focusing." I said over his loud words.

"I like the Flash, now I have to hate the Flash!" I rolled my eyes as Barry grabbed his shoulders.

"Ralph! Focus! I need you to do this, Joe needs you to do this. Please. Show me I was wrong about you. You said you were a good cop. Be one, right now." I smiled as he turned around a little scared.

But he took a run up and flung his arm in the air. And seemed to struggle to hold it.

"Ralph take my hand." I said as he grabbed onto my hand and I dug my nails into the building beside me, causing a dent.

It kept him in a secure place as Barry put his mask back on his face and ran up onto the helicopter.

Ralph let go once Barry was inside. And he let go of my hand. I let go of the building and smiled.

"You did it." I told him and he nodded.

"So I'm guessing I know you as well?" I chuckled and took off my mask.

"Alexandra Bradford. The engineer." I pulled my hair behind my ear and smiled. There was a moment of silence between the two of us before I coughed and placed my mask back on my face.

"I better be going you know. Lots of people to save." I made the same whistle sound as earlier and before I knew it my bike was driving towards me.

"That's cool." I smiled and hoped on the bike.

"Isn't it?" I looked up to him and smiled.

"Have a good life Ralph Dibny. I'll see you around." He nodded.

I started to ride away little knowing that under his breath Ralph Dibny muttered "She's even hotter than before."

Once I reached Star Labs and was back into my jeans and shirt I walked into the cortex. I saw Joe, Barry, Iris and Caitlin smiling and laughing.

"Hey guys what's going on?" I asked as Joe held open a box full of cigars. At first I was confused and then it hit me.

"No she's not." I said grabbing a cigar and he replied with laughter.

"Oh my god Joe congrats your gonna be a dad!" I gave him a hug and then the celebration begun. I was dancing round the cortex as Barry was doing his weird walk.

It filled us all with joy and laughter. And then we just all went into a massive group hug. It was nice, the comfort of family.

And then it hit me like a light bulb. The celebration continued on as I pulled Barry to the side.

"I think you should..."

"I know. I'm going to." I smiled and gave him a hug.

"I'm sorry. For before." I shrugged.

"It's okay. I know what you're like Barry Allen." We pulled out of the hug and I placed the cigar in my mouth.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow, I have some shit to deal with." They nodded and I gave everyone hugs goodbye before walking out of the cortex.

I knew that my idea will have worked if tomorrow I walk into the cortex.

And see Ralph Dibny's cute smiling face in front of mine.

Then I'll have done my job.