5

After my appointment I walked outside the office to see my mother with ashley sitting next to her. I rolled my eyes walking over to the two. My mother sees me and gets up putting her book in her purse. Ashely stayed seated not saying anything looking around everywhere but at me. For once she is not saying something, especially about how I am gonna start dating.

"How was your appointment?" My mom asked as I got into the front seat of the car next to her.

I sighed looking out the window.

"That bad huh?" She asked trying to get me to talk.

"No shawn just was told he should start dating and forget about me, the love of his life," Ashley speaks up for the first time since we stepped into the office.

"It wasn't bad but they do clear me to continue to the tour," I smile.

"Oh Shawn," she sighed.

"What mom I need this tour," I whine, "how else am I gonna start meeting new people and dating again."

"Whoa dating? I don't think that is such a good idea if you still see ashley," my mom tells me.

"It doesn't matter what you think, that's what the doctor told me so I am gonna listen," I say.

"Let me just talk it over with your father," she tells me as we arrive back at the house.

I get out of the car and run up the stairs to my room. Ashley is already sitting on the bed crossed legged and armed with a look on her face like she was furious with me. I can't deal with this right now. I walk out of the room and back down stairs to pick my phone up off the counter. I scroll through my feed seeing more pics of me with some fans. Man I miss meeting fans. Maybe I could meet someone new.

"You're not going to meet anyone new," Ashley says from next to me.

I walk away leaving her standing in the kitchen while I go to my mom in the living room. "Can I take the car?"

"Why?" She asks.

"I want to go to Starbucks and get something to drink," I explain.

"Be very careful," my mother says handing me the keys to the car.

I get into the car taking a deep breath. I can do this. Putting on my seatbelt the music starts to blare through the speakers. I reach over to turn it down and put the car into reverse to back out of the driveway. I then take off for Starbucks turning the radio back up once I know I am focused on the road. I start to hear one of my songs play through the radio, which instantly makes me happy. As soon as the song ends I hear the talk show host start to talk about the song.

"That was a song by Shawn Mendes," He starts, "did you hear about his last concert? He had another mental break down. I hope he is doing better though. It must be hard losing someone you love like that."

"It's been a year though," His cohost points out.

"Yeah but she killed herself. How can you be okay after finding your girlfriend dead after killing herself," I hear him talk before changing the station. Surprisingly that didn't make me want to pull into the oncoming traffic like it once would have. It was nice not breaking down hearing others talk about her and I.

I pull into the parking lot, parked the car and went into Starbucks.  I wait in the line and spot the familiar brunette I know and started to care for.

"Hey Kimmie!" I yell.

The girl turns around and runs towards me throwing her arms around me. "Shawny!" She gets excited, "What are you doing out of the house is your mom here." She starts to look around the tiny starbucks for the woman who birthed me.

"No I drove myself, I'm doing better, my therapist told me I should start, uh, dating again," I tell her.

"Oh wow that's huge, dating?" She asks.

"Wait what are you doing here?" I ask avoiding anymore talk about my mental state.

"Well I was picking up your favorite drink from Starbucks to take it to you along with a muffin from Tim's. I wanted to check up on you and make sure you are okay," She smiles handing me the bag with the muffin.

"You didn't have to fly all this way," I state.

"It's really no problem. I wanna let you know I'm here for you and I understand what you're going through," she says before giving me another hug.
****************************************

ALRIGHT IM GONNA TRY POSTING MORE! I know the direction I wanna take this story in and y'all are gon scream.

ANY WHO WHAT DO YOU THINK KIMMIE MEANT BY SHE UNDERSTANDS WHAT HES GOING THROUGH. *mischievous laugh*

It's time for another round of name that song:
"Making beautiful look ugly"

MUCH LOVE AND MUFFINS
KIM