6

After sitting in Starbucks with kimmie for a while I decided since she was here to see me I'd take her back to my place. She is sweet and kind and...

"The reason why you and I ended things in the first place," I hear ashley say as we arrive at my house.

I thought she'd be going away by now.

"God you just don't know when to shut up do you!" kimmie shouts all of a sudden.

"Wait you can hear her too?" I asked.

"Hear her? I can see her too and she always pops up at the worst times." She says before getting out.

"Look she's in the back right now," she says opening the back door to the car.

I knew ashley was in the back seat. But when I opened the door Kimmie says, "you probably think I'm so stupid for seeing her."

"Kimmie I don't think you're stupid. I hear her and see her all the time. Not just the one time at my concert last week," I explain to her as we walk inside the house.

"Mom you remember Ashley's best friend Kimmie," I say as soon as my mom looks up from her book and opens her mouth.

"I do how are you Kimmie," my mom says looking like she seen a ghost.

"Mom it's ok she flew out from la to check up on me," I tell her.

"Mrs. Mendes I am a real person not a ghost," Kimmie says chuckling.

"Is it okay if she stays for dinner?" I ask my mom.

My mother nods as I lead Kimmie up to my room. I leave the door open a crack and take a seat on the bed. Kimmie sits across from me at my desk chair. "How long have you been seeing ashley?" I asked to break the small amount of tension in the room.

"Not too long, my parents think I've gone crazy or something," she tells me while picking at the lint on her pants.

"Oh, I just started seeing her again," I tell her, "she keeps trying to tell me that her and I belong together and that I shouldn't start dating again."

"She tells me that I'm the reason you and her broke up in the first place," she explains.

"I heard her say that when you yelled at her." I look up at her.

"Oh," her cheeks turn bright red before she looks up at me and says, "do you think I'm responsible for it?"

I open my mouth to say that I didn't think so, but before I could she cuts me off by saying, "yknow what don't answer that. I should be going. Yknow get on the first flight back to la."

Kimmie gets up and moves towards the door. I get up and grab her wrist before she could touch the doorknob. Kimmie looks at me while I stand there pleading her not to go. I really didn't want her to leave. This was the first time in months maybe years where I haven't felt so alone and I need to be selfish in this moment to keep this feeling, this feeling that everything is going to be okay.

"Shawn just let her go. She broke us up does that mean nothing to you," ashley says breaking our moment.

Kimmie and I both look at her before Kimmie looks back at me and says, "Shawn she's right I need to go. I was stupid for even coming here."

************

Oof ok lets see what happens to these two crazy peeps.

Honestly I went back and read the whole series again and I can't believe how much my writing has changed since then. For those who are still reading I wanna say thank you for keeping up!! Ily y'all the most.

"I think it's time that I be honest should have told you not to go"

If this song doesn't describe this chapter idk what does. Don't call me out on song repeating but this song really describes this chapter!!

MUCH LOVE AND MUFFINS
KIM🥰