8

I pushed around the food on my plate as I sat at the dinner table with my family. I had helped make the food but I wasn't too eager to eat. Ashley and Kimmie made me lose my appetite.

"What's wrong Shawn?" Aaliyah asks.

"It's nothing," I sigh taking a small bite.

I know my sister is worried about me but I'm okay.

"So how was your appointment today?" My dad asks looking over at me.

"It was good I'm cleared to tour again and I'm clear to date as well," I tell my family.

"Like anyone would wanna date him," Aaliyah jokes.

My parents just stared at her as if they were telling her it wasn't a funny joke and to apologize.

"Sorry," she mumbles.

"It's fine Aaliyah. I just want to go back to how it used to be where it was okay to make those jokes. I'm fine with it. Stop acting like I'm fragile all the time," I say before getting up and putting my plate in the sink.

I run up stairs and to my room to pick up the guitar. I started to tune it and play the song ashley wrote. "That's my song," she says from right next to me.

"I know," I softly tell her.

"I wrote it when we had problems. I was going to show you it but then everything happened. Thank you for singing it," she kisses my cheek.

I close my eyes for a second to take her in. Am I really ready to move on? She is the only who gets me. She loves me.

She's also dead. I can't go back to thinking I can kill myself to be with her. It will never work.

"What's kimmie's number?" I text Nash.

While I wait for the reply I strum on the guitar playing the song ashley wrote.

My phone buzzed showing Nash's name with kimmie's contact attached to it along with "good luck bro."

I click on her number and type in, "It's Shawn I got your number from Nash. What hotel are you staying at?"

"You know she's not going to respond to you," ashley says.

"And why is that?" I say.

"Because I'm gonna go tell her not to," she says disappearing. I look around my room and she's not here. I go to the bathroom not there, kitchen living room dining room, not there. Maybe she really is with kimmie.

I pullout my phone seeing that kimmie texted me the name of the hotel she's staying at. She doesn't deserve to be alone especially with ashley. Who knows what she's going to say to kimmie.

I find my parents and ask, "Can I have the car?"

"Why?" my dad asks me.

I look to my mom and back at my dad before saying, "I need to make things right with a friend, before I let things get too far."

"Of course you can sweetie," my mom says before my dad could say anything.

I grab the keys and run to the car. I plug the address into my phone letting the directions fill the car as I drove to find kimmie. I'm standing in the lobby waiting for Kimmie after I texted her that I was here. I look around the nice hotel. Wow she payed to stay here. While waiting I noticed some girls looking at me. I turn to them with a smile waving. The two girls giggle and the more bold one comes walking towards me with the shy one walking swiftly behind her.

"You're Shawn mendes?" The one asked.

"In the flesh," I say making the girls giggle.

"Wow stupid," I hear ashley in the back of my mind.

The girls couldn't stop giggling. So to break their giggles I ask, "would you like to take a picture with me?" The shy girl nodded fiddling to pull out her phone. I took it out of her hand opening the camera from the lock screen and flipping it to selfie mode. I take a few selfies and let the two girls giggle over it.

Once they walk away I see kimmie getting off the elevator. I take long strides towards her. She looks upset like ashley told her not to talk to me.

******

Anyone at the Shawn mendes concert and wanna meet up rn ??

MUCH LOVE AND MUFFINS
KIMMIE