8 - Rachel Amber

I pull the trigger once, my arms steady in front of me absorbing the kickback as the sound of the gun pierces my ears, followed by the shattering of one of the bottles.

I hit the next bottle as well, and the next, and the next after that.

But I miss the last one.

"Ha!" Chloe yells in triumph.

"Shit" I mutter under my breath.

I switch the safety back on and hand the gun back to Chloe, who takes the still steaming hot weapon and puts it on the hood of one of the rusted trucks. She's grinning like a predator about to munch on her prey.

"Now what does the great Y/N, have to do for loosing the bet?" Chloe asks.

Yeah, yeah. I took a bet for who could shoot five beer bottles in a row, against someone who's been messing with a gun for awhile, compared to me who was just taught by said person who's been messing around with a gun for awhile.

I cross my arms. "I don't know Chloe, what's on your mind?" I said a smirk playing across my face as I walked closer to her. I was a good half foot shorter than her, so I stepped up on a rock to reach her height which really set Chloe's laughter off.

I ended up falling into her from my own laughter of just seeing her laugh so hard, and we both kind of just fell to the ground, and sat on our knees, our laughs dissolving into hiccups as we held each other.

Slowly our hiccups subsided and we were just staring at each other in silence, Chloe was looking at my lips and when she looked back up into my eyes with a mischievous sparkle, I knew she was going to pull something. But all she said was;

"Kiss me."

She didn't have to ask me twice.

Chloe was a little surprised as first, when I actually leaned forward and placed my lips on hers. But as our lips moved together, I felt her arms encircle my waist and pull me closer.

I pulled away after a few seconds, just to catch my breath. My god the look on Chloe's face was priceless. Wish I had a camera on me.

All of her hard outer shell personality was gone, her eyes were so soft and blue in this moment that no ocean or body of water could compare. I could read the raw emotions cross her face. When was the last time she'd looked at someone like this?

"Y/N..." Chloe said looking at me, a hand brushing a piece of my H/C hair behind my ear.

I knew I wouldn't get another opportunity like this, so I took my chance and smirked, then scrambled to my feet and ran.

"You are so dead!" I heard Chloe yell from behind me as I heard her get up from the ground.

I threw my head back with a laugh as I heard her footsteps catching up to me. "How dead?" I asked looking over my shoulder at Chloe, who was trying for the life of her to catch up.

"Hella dead!" She replied as she slowed down, breathing hard, but her eyes bright with hunger for revenge.

I laughed again and slowed down, turning towards Chloe with the shit-eating-grin that she liked to wear all the time. Man it felt good to be the smug one for once.

Chloe was bent over, her hands on her knees, looking at the ground as she caught her breath. When she looked up she said. "Man you remind me so much of Rachel. She would have liked you and your smirk."

"I think I would have liked her too, she sounds like she was a great person." I said walking closer to Chloe.

Chloe stood up straight and came towards me, putting an arm around my shoulder and walking me towards the train tracks.

"You would have laughed at how different we were." Chloe said, her eyes clouding over, but instead of a frown on her face, a slightly saddened smile. "We were planning on running away, planning on kicking the world's ass." Her eyes darkened. "but the morning we were planning to leave, she never showed up." Chloe continued with a sigh as her smile faltered and something broke in her gaze. "She'd been missing for months, I'd put up hundreds of missing person fliers all around Acadia bay. I was so scared that something bad had happened to her, and I'd somehow made myself so hopeful that she'd still be alive." Chloe paused for a moment as she looked away from me and wiped away a tear with the arm that wasn't around me.

When her head spun around to look at me, it was seething with hatred and fury.

"Then this douchebag photography teacher from BlackHell academy was arrested, but is wasn't until the cops found his creepy ass underground lair and all these photographs of drugged teenaged girls, that they'd found where Rachel had been buried. She'd been kidnaped, drugged, photographed, killed, and then buried in the junkyard."

The fire in her eyes was so bright, and the arm around me was tight like steal, but right when I thought Chloe might just scream or yell out to let all the emotions out, her eyes welled up with tears. "Y/N, she'd even been cheating on me. She'd been cheating on me and I still loved her so damn much... but this hell hole took her from me anyway. This place takes everyone away from me"

I stopped walking and turned so that Chloe was facing me, tears streaked her face. I reached a hand up and cupped her cheek as I wiped her tears away with my thumb. Her eyes were searching my face for something, until that recognition glinted across her gaze when she caught the serious look in my eyes.

"Chloe, I'm never leaving you. Acadia bay can try it's best but it won't get rid of me."

Chloe pulled me in for a hug once again and mumbled a thank you into my hair as I wrapped my arms around her waist.

I had a feeling this would be a very common thing between us, but I think that Rachel and Max are just the beginning of what's happened to Chloe as she grew up. I just wish I could put her back together. Take away her pain.

--------------------------------------------

I'll be back again soon with more Chloe x Reader! Leave a comment and a like if you enjoyed! Suggestions are always welcome!

I'm going to do a little break from the actual storyline somewhere in the nearby future and have some one shots for the different characters, unrelated to the story perhaps. Comment below what you'd like to read! and I'll do my best to provide.

**Reminder I don't own any of the art, characters or mentioned places in this story!**

~ Ryan