11 - Date Night

Once I was in the truck, Chloe made some jokes about long time no see, and we drove off towards town. She was wearing her usual jeans and navy blue beanie, but the shirt she was wearing had a lighter on it that said "Fire Walk" in bold letters.

We stopped for dinner at a little food stall that had a cute little hot dog logo before getting back into the truck and heading towards the junkyard. When we drove past the junk yard and kept following the train tracks, I asked where we were going, but Chloe just smiled and told me I'd have to wait and see.

Soon we arrived at an old barn that looked like it would collapse at any second. As soon as we pulled onto the dirt road, I could hear the music, the loud beat thundering the through the barn's thin walls.

Chloe parked and jumped out the truck, walking around to my door to let me out. I took her hand as we walked towards the barn doors, where a bouncer was waiting for us. One look at Chloe and he opened the doors for us.

Chloe's excitement was contagious, I could practically feel her bubbly energy rolling off her in waves as she pulled me through the crowd towards the source of the music music. Red, blue, green and purple lights flashed across the dancing bodies in the crowd below a stage where a band was playing. Just like Chloe's shirt, the drummer's drum set had a lighter and Fire Walk painted on the front.

Chloe was already dancing by the time I was done staring up in awe at the band. She took my hands and along with beat of the music matching my heart rate I let go of all my thoughts and danced with her.

Time seemed to flow with the music, and only when it came down to the last few songs did we find ourselves exhausted and decide to head out.

It was raining when we walked out of the barn, the cool drops pelting Chloe and I as we ran back to her truck, laughing like little kids from the adrenaline rush. When we were finally undercover, and our laughs had died down to giggles, it was set off again just by taking one look at Chloe, who's blue hair was drooping in front of her face like a sheep dog. The both of us were soaked, and I laughed harder when Chloe took her beanie off and tried to do a majestic hair flip.

Once Chloe started the truck, my laughs turned into yawns and I leaned up against her as she drove us back into town.

"Hey L/N, you wanna crash at my house tonight? My house may not be as clean as yours, but if you thought the pancakes I made this morning were good you have to try my Mom's waffles." Chloe said as we continued down the road.

"Hm? sure." I hummed, already on the brink of consciousness.

Chloe turned into the driveway to a two-story faded blue house and killed the engine. The sudden stillness and quiet made me sit up and stretch.

Chloe brushed my hair behind my ear and quickly kissed me before getting out of the truck into the lightly drizzling rain to get my door for me again.

I was now awake, lips tingling, and as soon as I jumped out of the truck, Chloe closed the truck door quietly behind me.

Chloe turned to face me and whispered "Alright, we don't want my Step-douche waking up, so we're gonna get in thief style, it's gonna be a bit harder than last night's creaky door, you up for it?"

I nodded yes, and Chloe led me along to the side of the house and made an example of how to climb up the tree onto the roof.

The branches were worn in places where she'd stepped, obviously meaning that this was a common entrance for her. Too late, I noticed the branch on the right was slippery when my boot slid and I nearly went tumbling to the ground. Luckily Chloe grabbed my arm and pulled me up.

Chloe held me on the roof, because the damp moss growing across the roof tiles was as slippery as the tree branch, if not more. Silently, she opened her window and shoved some things off the desk that sat below the sill, and climbed through. She held a hand out for me and once I was through, she directed me to the bathroom in the darkness and handed me a dry cotton t-shirt and pair of shorts to change into.

When I came out, I felt my way along the walls the way I came, only to bump into Chloe, who wrapped her arms around me before I could fall. The both of us froze, listening in the dark for anything other than our frantic heartbeats, and relaxed when nothing alerted us.

Chloe led me back to her room and made sure I was under the blanket and tucked in before she crawled under the covers on the other side. She kept turning and fidgeting until I reached out and cupped her cheek with my hand, her hair was still damp and shrivelled across her face, and I gently brushed it out of the way.

Chloe tentatively pulled me closer, until our faces were but a few centimetres apart, she was looking at my lips, but she wasn't pushing me. Instead she looked into my eyes and smiled.

"You're beautiful..." she whispered. "...and I don't think you're told that enough."

I kissed her and smiled into it, pretty much ruining the moment, but I couldn't help it as my face burned and chest bloomed with warmth. I tucked myself into the crook of Chloe's neck and I began to doze off.

"Goodnight, L/N..." Chloe murmured, wrapping her arms around me, before falling into unconsciousness herself.

Alrighty! The Vote is closed! Option A has been chosen and I've already laid out the plans for the plot line! This is the second chapter of five that are building up the the Christmas special! Hope you guys are enjoying! If you are, please leave a like! If you aren't we'd like you to leave! (get it? because I switched leave and like... ahahaha I'm so funny). Let me know what you think about the story so far! If you have any ideas or one shots you'd like me to add into the story I'd love to hear them, so don't be shy! Leave a comment!

Thanks guys!

*Reminder I don't own any names, places or characters in this story, please don't kill me

~ Ryan