𝘵𝘸𝘰.

It had been four hours of watching Klaus try to summon the girl he'd seen the night before. Ben was getting tired of watching him and decided to leave, Klaus never asked where he disappeared to, he knew he'd eventually re-appear.

Klaus was tired too, summoning someone when they didn't want to be seen wasn't exactly the easiest thing to do. He was beginning to think he'd imagined her too, like Diego had suggested.

Eventually giving up, he stood up, the world spinning for a second as he'd been sitting down for hours. He headed downstairs, catching Diego trying to sneak out of the front door.

"Diego!" Klaus exclaimed, swaggering over towards him.

Diego turned around, not looking exactly happy that Klaus had seen him.

"Where are we going today?" Klaus asked, spotting his car keys in his hands.

"I'm going out, by myself." Diego said.

"Wonderful, so there's room for me in your car then." Klaus smirked, following him outside, the brightness of the sun making him shield his eyes.

"Why don't you get an uber or something?" His brother asked as he got into the drivers seat.

"What? and wait around until they show up when you're right here?" Klaus asked, sliding into the passenger seat.

Diego didn't reply, he seemed to accept his brother wouldn't leave and drove off.

"Besides... is it that bad that I want to spend time with you?" He questioned whilst he stared out of the window at the landscape of New York.

"Did Ben disappear again?" Diego asked, knowing that was probably the only reason Klaus would want to hang out with him.

"Yes... but that's not why I'm here."

Diego nodded, "it's about that girl, right?"

Klaus sighed exasperatedly, "sure, let's make excuses as to why I want to hang out with you."

His brother closed his mouth, knowing Klaus was right.

After ten minutes of silence, Klaus finally spoke again, "so, where are we going?"

"Somewhere I go when I need to relieve all of my pent up anger." Diego said, keeping his eyes on the road.

Klaus raised his bushy eyebrows, "that doesn't sound suspicious at all." He said, his tone draped in sarcasm.

"I think you'll like it." Diego smirked.

They continued the rest of the drive in silence, Klaus was curious as to where Diego was taking him, it was outside of the city where the buildings looked run-down and dilapidated.

He pulled up outside of a building that looked like it used to be a furniture store. Diego got out and headed inside, Klaus heading in after him.

They entered a door that lead into the back, Klaus stared at the empty room and the walls around him. There were so many holes in the plaster and objects sticking out of the walls that Klaus didn't know what to say. He was sure he must've entered some kind of torture chamber.

"Find anything you want and just throw it," Diego said, "the previous owner abandoned this place and I've been coming here ever since."

This appealed to Klaus, he immediately grabbed an antique plate from the corner of the room where there seemed to be a stack of them. Without a second thought he watched the plate smash into the far wall as he threw it as hard as he could, Diego watching him proudly.

The boys spent the remainder of the afternoon destroying the backroom of the abandoned furniture store, when the pair became weary Diego collected his knives from various points in the walls and headed outside. Klaus followed, knowing Diego was his only ride home and he had no idea where they were.

Once they were driving back into the heart of the city, Diego spoke, "so... how are you, really? I know I promised to check up on you more, and I'm trying..."

Klaus sighed, "I'm fine, dear brother. If you must know... I haven't touched anything in weeks."

"Weeks? Last time I asked you said it was months." Diego said disappointedly.

Staring out of the window as they drove through the city, Klaus closed his eyes, "you don't understand how hard it is..."

"You're right, I don't understand. But I'm trying to understand, I can't help you if you can't even help yourself." His brother said, running a hand through his dark brown hair, a sign he was stressed.

The rest of the journey home was filled with silence, as soon as Diego stopped the car Klaus slammed the passenger door closed and stormed into the academy. He was tired of everyone telling him he needed to be sober when they didn't even know what it was like having the burden of his power.

Once he reached his bedroom he locked the door, collapsing onto his bed. He reached for the drawer in his bedside table, pulling it open to reveal a bunch of small plastic bags filled with white powders.

His fingers barely grazed the plastic bags before he felt a presence at the end of his bed.

Looking up, he saw the girl he'd seen the night before watching him as she sat at the end of his bed. He sat up, shocked, "it's you."

oop i'm so sorry for the slow update, i'm so uninspired and i've been so tired recently bc of work but i'm gonna try and update again soon... pls be patient with me :)

also i'm so happy tua has been renewed for s2 !!