𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

12 days.

12 endless days that Klaus had spent held captive by his ex, Otis, having his whole body tortured day in, day out.

It didn't take long for Otis to figure out Klaus was near indestructible, immortal even, which made him even more aggravated.

Meanwhile, Beatrice and Alison had teamed up to search the city for Klaus. The other Hargreeves split up in their search, they all agreed it would be faster to search separately.

Whoever had hidden Klaus clearly didn't want him to be found.

During their twelve day search, Alison had grown fond of Beatrice. Not only was she glad for the female company rather than one of her brothers but she found herself feeling protective of her. She was also glad she'd been drawn to Klaus, Alison was always worried about her brother but knowing he had someone like Bea in his life made her feel slightly less anxious.

"Do you think he's okay?" Bea asked Alison as they walked along the pier of the city besides abandoned warehouses.

They'd searched Otis's apartment for clues earlier on in their search, and then their search moved to abandoned buildings and tunnels. They had no clues to go off of so the Hargreeves had to search every inch of the city.

"It's Klaus, he'll be fine." Alison replied, although there was a hint of hesitation in her voice.

Bea looked down at her feet as she walked along, losing hope, "why would he take Klaus?"

Alison sighed, "honestly? I have no idea. We have a lot of enemies, Beatrice."

As they searched the last warehouse at the end of the pier, they saw a dark figure slumped in a chair in the middle of the warehouse.

Beatrice wasted no time in sprinting across the space between them, "Klaus."

His wrists were raw where the ropes had rubbed against his skin as he struggled to escape, and his skin was blotchy in the areas Otis had zapped him.

Alison wasn't far behind, worry written across her face.

He stirred slightly, "my two favourite girls." He said quietly, smiling.

"Let's get you out of here." Alison said as she untied his legs as Bea did his wrists.

"Not so fast," Otis was advancing towards them, anger illuminating his face, "I wasn't planning on hurting anyone today but you leave me no choice."

"What are you talking about?" Bea asked, standing in front of Klaus protectively.

"I haven't got time for a speech." Alison said, stepping towards Otis. She had no idea who this boy was and what he wanted with Klaus, but the lightning she saw flashing through his veins concerned her, "I heard a rumour..." she said soothingly, "that you walked away and left us alone."

Otis's eyes glazed over as he listened to Alison and he immediately turned around, heading out of the warehouse.

"Wow." Bea gasped in awe.

Alison smiled slightly, "come on, let's go."

The girls lifted Klaus up and wrapped an arm around each of their shoulders, half-carrying him back to Alison's car.

Bea sat in the back with Klaus, Alison watched them through her rear view mirror, smiling softly.

Bea was running her hands through his hair as he lay on her lap.

"Hey." She said as he looked up at her.

"Hey, you," He replied, "you found me."

"Of course we did."

"He said he wants to go after everyone... we have to stop him...." Klaus began, trying to sit up but failing.

"We'll handle it," Alison said, "you need to rest."

"Maybe a little sleep..." Klaus trailed off, his eyes fluttering closed.

Bea held his hand as they drove back to the academy, her hand fit perfectly in his as she ran her thumb over the back of his hand.

Once they arrived home, Diego and Luther carried Klaus to his room whilst Bea waited behind with Alison.

"What did you mean when you said 'we'll handle it'?" Bea asked.

"I texted Diego and Luther and they're going to find Otis... and deal with him," Alison grimaced, "you don't need to worry, Beatrice. You're safe here, just look after Klaus for me, okay?"

Bea nodded before heading up to Klaus's room, he was sleeping soundly on his bed. Grabbing a blanket, she lay it on top of him and grabbed a notebook laying around in his room as she perched at the end of his bed and began to sketch.

Before she died she adored art, she loved drawing her parents in different styles, she'd lost her passion when she died but she suddenly felt inspired as Klaus looked so peaceful.

Once she'd finished she left the notebook on his side table and decided to walk around the academy, being around the familiar interior made her feel calm. She heard Vanya practicing her violin, Five muttering to himself and Alison calling her daughter.

She found herself in the kitchen with Grace, "hello, darling. I don't believe we've met?"

"I'm Beatrice... it's nice to officially meet you Grace."

"Can I make you something, Beatrice? Pancakes? They're sons favourite."

"Which one?"

"Klaus." She replied.

"Sure." Bea smiled.

Five appeared besides her as she sat down at the kitchen table, "make that two, Grace."

He smiled across at Bea, "We've already stopped one apocalypse... I hope you aren't the cause of the next one."

"How could I cause the next one?" Beatrice frowned.

Five shrugged, "bringing someone back to life has consequences."

"Your pancakes are ready." Grace said, handing them a plate each.

"If you don't mind, I'll eat these in my room." Five said, disappearing in a flash.

Beatrice stared at the pancakes in front of her, pondering what Five had said.

Klaus told her to always ignore anything he said, but surely he wouldn't say something so bold without any meaning behind it?

She ate her pancakes in silence as Grace cleaned the kitchen.

Bea didn't have time to worry about what Five meant, instead she cleaned her empty plate and took herself back to Klaus's room, sitting in a chair besides his bed until he woke up.

tried not to let the otis arc drag on too long ... don't worry there's much more to come :)