𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯.

"We'll need to go somewhere ... quieter." Beatrice said, looking around at the people walking up and down the pier.

"I know the perfect place." Klaus smirked as he took hold of her hand, it was automatic at this point that he held her hands. Neither of them said anything about it, Beatrice didn't even think Klaus noticed he was doing it, but she didn't mind.

He led her further along the pier and up empty streets until they left the city — Beatrice often wondered how Klaus knew every inch of the city, did he wander aimlessly so often he knew it like the back of his hand?

The tall buildings of the city faded away and smaller, spaced out buildings came into view — most were run down or on the verge of disrepair, but Klaus had stopped in front of a motel.

"This place is perfect, there's barely ever any guests so feel free to shout at me as loud as you want!" He exclaimed.

"I would never shout at you, Klaus." Beatrice said softly.

Klaus seemed to pause for a moment, everyone in his life had shouted at him regularly it had become the norm.

"You're sweet, Beatrice. I always wonder why you hang around me." He said, before walking off towards a small building that she assumed was where he'd book a room.

He came back moments later, swinging a key around his fingers and smirking, "they only had one room left, shame."

"Yeah, right." Beatrice scoffed, having not seen a single soul or car since they'd arrived.

The room was pretty spacious, Beatrice was secretly relieved when she saw there were two single beds instead of a double.

"So, let's get started." Klaus said once he'd closed the door and drawn the curtains.

"You're expecting me to do this from memory?" Beatrice asked, grinning.

"You're joking," Klaus crossed his arms, "if we have to go all the way back now for those musty journals-"

"Stop - of course I know it from memory, I had nothing better to do than learn those journals inside out, I mean that sincerely." Beatrice said.

Klaus furrowed his eyebrows, then his expression softened, "do we need anything?"

"No, just you to be sober." She replied.

"Pfft." Klaus rolled his eyes.

"If you're not going to take this seriously, Klaus..."

"I will! I will... promise." He said, placing a hand over his heart.

"Okay... I think we'll start with something I think will be relatively easy," Bea suggested, sitting at the edge of one of the double beds, "telekinesis."

Klaus hummed slightly, "seems easy enough," He said, pointing to a lamp on the bedside table, he stopped after two seconds, "it's not working."

"Of course it's not, you haven't done anything!" Beatrice raised her voice only slightly, knowing shouting is never the answer, "you need to really focus, think about the object and where you want it to go... just maybe not something breakable," She searched the drawers and took out a notepad, "try this."

Klaus exhaled deeply, shaking out his hands, he knelt down besides the bedside table and stared at the notepad. He was staring intensely for at least two minutes, and nothing seemed to be happening.

"Picture it moving, Klaus. Try and see it in your mind." She said encouragingly.

More time passed, Klaus was losing hope. If he really did have these powers he thought it would be easier to use them.

Beatrice lay down on the bed, resting on her elbows as she watched the notebook, waiting for it to move — and it did.

"Oh my god!" Klaus exclaimed, "did you see that?!"

The notebook she'd placed down on the left side of the table had moved to the right side.

"You did it!" Beatrice squealed.

Klaus leaped up and picked Beatrice up off of the bed and swung her around, "we did it," he smiled, for once it was a genuine smile with no bad intentions behind it, "so, what can I move next?!"

"Slow down, you moved a notebook... let's not move onto anything too big. Let's try something else small." Beatrice said.

Moments later they ended up behind the motel, with Klaus trying to move a large dumpster.

"This is not what I meant." She complained.

"Onwards and upwards, sweet Bea! What's next after this?" He asked excitedly.

"See this is probably why we need to take it slow — if you do too much at once it'll burn you out." Bea stated.

"Me burn out? Never." He smirked.

"We'll see." Beatrice sighed.

The pair stood outside for hours until the sun went down, Klaus had successfully moved the dumpster five feet away from its original spot.

As they lay down on their beds in the motel room, both of their minds were racing from the events of the day. Klaus's mind was filled with possibilities of his new power and Beatrice was filled with worry.

"What do you have in mind for tomorrow?" Klaus asked her as they lay in the darkness of the motel room.

"I think we should continue with telekinesis... I don't think you're ready for the others, let's just master this one first." Bea muttered sleepily, she was exhausted even though she felt like she had done nothing.

"Oh, I meant for breakfast but fair enough." Klaus chuckled.

Beatrice grabbed one of the pillows from her bed and threw it at him, "go to sleep, Klaus."

"Ok, ok... goodnight Bea." He said softly, seeing that she'd already closed her eyes. He lay awake staring at the ceiling, new ghosts had joined the choir of voices inside of his head making it harder to tune them out. Instead he watched over the girl in the bed opposite him, her red hair draped over the lone pillow on her bed. He got up and carefully placed the pillow she'd thrown at him under the one she was sleeping on, "sweet dreams." He whispered, leaning down and kissing her forehead lightly.

yooo i am so excited for tua s2 i can't