𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦.

A few weeks later, Klaus and Bea were still staying at the motel. They hadn't seen another person for days apart from the receptionist who'd checked in on them and asked how long they were planning on staying — Klaus had said maybe a week or so and they'd shrugged, telling him as long as they paid the room fee they could stay however long they wanted.

Klaus glanced back at Bea who was brushing her hair in the mirror.

"We'll see how it goes, thanks." Klaus grinned, handing over a wad of cash to the receptionist who headed back to the front desk.

"So, what are you teaching me today... please don't say telekinesis again or I'll..."

"You'll what?" Beatrice turned to face him, a playful expression flickering across her face.

"Do this." He said, taking a few long strides across the room to stand in front of her, he bent down quickly and threw her over his shoulder and placed her on the bed, his eyes glinted mischievously before he began tickling her until she squealed.

"Klaus! Klaus, stop!" She giggled as his hands stopped suddenly on her hips.

"Okay." He smirked, his fingers gently grazing the bare skin between her jeans and the hem of her t-shirt.

Bea sat up, their faces were inches from each other, "maybe we should... you know."

Klaus stepped back and cleared his throat, "sorry, um... telekinesis?" He said, trying to sound professional.

"No... I want to try something else today. Levitating."

"Oh? I can do that too?" He gasped.

"Supposedly, come on — let's go somewhere different today." Bea was tired of looking at the same four walls, she took hold of Klaus's hand and led him outside. They walked for roughly twenty minutes before they found a small, secluded park with lots of trees.

"This should work." Klaus said, looking around.

"I think this one works the same as telekinesis... except you think about you being the one that moves. This was 'supposedly' one of the least, let's say, interesting, powers you have. Reginald wrote that if you did possess it it wouldn't be very useful in combat." Bea recalled from his fathers memoirs.

"Typical Father, always underestimating me." He clucked.

Standing besides a gazebo surrounded by trees and bushes so that it was unlikely that if anyone did wander through the deserted park they wouldn't be noticed.

Klaus put his hands together and cracked his knuckles, "okay, how do I do this?"

"Just concentrate, maybe closing your eyes will help." Bea suggested.

He immediately shook his head, "no. I'll keep them open..."

Klaus hadn't told Beatrice about his nightmares, or how every time he closed his eyes he saw his Father locking him in the mausoleum.

He took a deep breath, thinking about how it would feel to float above the ground. Looking down at his feet he was still planted firmly on the ground.

"I think I remember something from your Father's notes. Take off your shoes." She suggested, sitting on the ground and observing him.

Klaus sighed, reaching down and slipping off his shoes, "if you say so." Wiggling his toes on the grass.

Barefoot and holding his hands out to the side, envisioning his feet lifting slowly off the ground. Beatrice gasped as she watched Klaus levitate off of the ground.

"Oh. my. god." Bea exclaimed.

Klaus looked down at his feet that were no longer touching the ground, he thought about lifting higher off the ground — soon he was hovering above the gazebo.

"Klaus! Come back down before someone sees you!" Beatrice yelled, looking around nervously.

Eventually he came back down, "Bea... this is... this is magnificent. I feel like I could do anything!"

Suddenly Klaus wobbled slightly, blood dripping from his nose. He wiped it away with his sleeve and straightened up.

Beatrice rushed towards him, "hey, are you okay?"

Klaus nodded, "I'm fine."

"Maybe we should take a break. You have been doing a lot lately." Bea said as she wrapped her arm around him as they walked back to the motel, Klaus slowly put his arm around her, finally letting someone help him.

Back at the motel, Bea told Klaus to rest whilst she got them something to eat. She'd rarely spent much time alone recently, she'd always been besides Klaus's side.

They'd been living off snacks from the motels snack machines, so she asked the receptionist where the closest food store was. Klaus had given her some money to get food and then fallen asleep on the couch.

The downside of staying in a motel in the middle of nowhere meant there weren't any stores close by, so Bea had to walk for miles before she found a small area of shops.

Wandering inside her eyes were immediately drawn to the frozen isle, lingering by the ice cream.

She hadn't  had ice cream since before she died, and now she couldn't stop thinking about it.

Seeing a reflection appear behind her she quickly turned around, "Otis?!"

Otis smiled, "hello, Beatrice. Long time no see."

"What are you doing here?" She asked, stepping backwards, her back against the cold glass pane of the fridges.

"I could ask you the same thing, a little far from the city, aren't you?" He asked, observing her.

"Yes, we needed a break from the city." She shrugged.

Otis's eyes glinted slightly, "we? would a certain Hargreeves happen to be with you?"

"Well he's not with me now, he's back at the motel. I'm just getting food." Bea said.

"Oh, so are you two like a thing?" He raised his eyebrows.

"A thing?" Bea laughed, "no."

"Hm," Otis stepped back, "it was nice seeing you, Beatrice. Tell Klaus I said hi." He smirked.

As he walked away Bea noticed his hair had silver streaks instead of being pitch black like the last time she'd seen him. She thought it was odd that he'd talk to her despite only meeting once.

Turning back to the ice cream she grabbed a tub of cookie dough ice cream and then picked up a frozen microwave meal, luckily the motel room had a microwave.

Whilst she was heading to the checkouts she spotted a black bandana with hand prints on, she smiled to herself and picked it up thinking Klaus would like it along with a black marker pen thinking about writing 'hello' and 'goodbye' on each of them.

Once she'd paid for everything she walked back to the motel. Something felt off as she ascended the stairs to the second floor, the door to their room was open.

Klaus was nowhere in sight, she searched the entire apartment and stumbled upon a scrawled handwritten note on the bedside table.

'Thanks for telling me where Klaus was, I've been searching for him for weeks. Don't think about trying to find him, he would've left you sooner or later anyway — he always does.

Otis'

Beatrice frantically shoved the remaining things in the motel room into the bag she'd bought in the supermarket, abandoning the frozen goods and rushing out of the motel.

With no one else to turn to, she went back to the only people she knew who cared about Klaus even if he thought they didn't, the other Hargreeves.

oof .

tua s2 comes out on friday !! so excited for all of the klaus content omg