𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

*slight change to the previous chapter !
bea does not have powers i decided to
take this fic in a different direction*

*slight change to the previous chapter ! bea does not have powers i decided to take this fic in a different direction*

Weeks had passed since Alison and Beatrice had rescued Klaus from Otis, and everything seemed to be back to normal ... as normal as the Hargreeve's lives could be.

Otis was no longer a threat to them according to Diego and Luther, despite his new powers he was no match for them.

Klaus had told Beatrice what he remembered when he'd woken up, and then told her he wanted to forget that it had happened. He had a tendency to suppress traumatic experiences, he already had too much to deal with in his daily life without another memory to think about.

Beatrice was concerned about him, especially since when she was waiting for him to wake up he kept crying out in his sleep, thrashing around. She'd spoken to Alison about it and she'd told her everything she knew about her brother and his nightmares but that there was nothing they could do — Klaus had his own way of dealing with it.

Alison had also surprised Beatrice by decorating one of the spare bedrooms in the academy and telling her it was hers for as long as she wanted to stick around. Bea was overjoyed and hugged her tightly, Alison loved having another girl around and she was glad it was someone like Beatrice.

After sifting through her new wardrobe of clothes courtesy of Alison and picking out black jeans and a black lace tank top, she paired it with a red leather jacket and curled her hair the way Alison had shown her how to when her, Vanya and Alison had a 'girls sleepover'.

Whilst checking out her outfit in the mirror, she spotted Klaus peering around her door, she hadn't seen him in days as he'd disappeared which seemed to be becoming a regular occurrence.

"Klaus." She breathed out softly, surprised to see him.

"Hey, Bea." He replied, stepping sheepishly into her room.

"So... where have you been?" She asked, already knowing what the answer would be.

"Here and there... but I'm back now." He smiled, the same smug smile he used whenever he was trying to get someone to forgive him.

Bea could smell the alcohol from where she was standing, sighing, she stepped closer to him, "Klaus... Alison told me everything and I want to help you."

He laughed, then stopped when he saw the hurt expression on her face, he melted whenever he looked at her properly, it's why he was avoiding her as he couldn't face her in this state.

"You can't help me and that's okay, not everyone can be helped, Beatrice. You can't stop the voices in my head, the screams, the nightmares... all you can do for me is be here for me even at my worst. If you don't want to stick around I totally get that." Opening up to someone was rare for him, but with Bea it was different.

He waited for her to say something but instead she wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly, "I'm not going anywhere." She whispered as she rested her head on his shoulder.

His arms automatically wrapped around her slight body, holding her close to him.

"Promise?"

She nodded, "promise."

Behind him, Ben gagged, "get a room."

Klaus ignored him, wanting to savour this moment for a long time.

_______

Later that night, Klaus and Beatrice were sitting in the living room, the record player humming quietly in the background.

She confided in him what Five had said about Bea causing the next apocalypse, "do you think it's true? Does he know something we don't?"

"Normally I would say everything he says is rubbish... but sometimes he seems to know everything."

"I don't understand... Vanya caused the last one." Bea wondered out loud.

Five appeared besides them, he had a habit of doing that, "like I said, bringing someone back to life has consequences. It's not meant to happen just like the apocalypse wasn't meant to happen — but it did."

"Thanks for the Ted talk, Five, but we have somewhere to be." Klaus said, standing up and holding out his hand to help Bea up.

"We do?" She asked.

He grinned, "of course."

Heading out of the academy as the sky was fading to a dark blue, Klaus still holding Bea's hand led her around the back of the building and pointed to the fire escape.

He started climbing until they reached the stairs and continued until they reached the roof.

Before them was a greenhouse illuminated with fairy lights, heading inside there were pillows covering the floor.

Klaus sat down and gestured for Bea to do the same.

"Five won't bother us here," Klaus smiled softly, "we can stay here all night if you want..."

Bea smiled, "okay."

"Before everything happened... the whole kidnapping thing, you were helping me with my powers, do you think you're still up for helping me?" Klaus asked quietly.

"Of course, I'd love nothing more," Bea smiled, "how about now?"

And so the pair spent the whole night working on Klaus's powers, he mainly wanted to do it as a distraction from what Five had said, and it seemed to be working.

At some point the pair fell asleep on the pillow covered floor of the greenhouse, their arms draped around each other. For the first time in a long time, Klaus wasn't plagued by nightmares.