𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯.

"Idiot," Klaus awoke to the sound of Ben's voice, droning on and on, "you really got yourself kidnapped again?!"

Klaus still felt groggy, he couldn't remember much of what had happened besides falling asleep on the couch and being woken up by being thrown into a van. Everything went dark after that. Now he'd woken up in what looked like a warehouse tied to a chair.

"So now you decide to show up?" Klaus huffed.

"I thought you wanted some time alone with your little friend." Ben chuckled.

Klaus immediately sat up after being slumped in the chair, "Beatrice... I have to make sure she's okay." He panicked.

"She's probably fine, she wasn't around when you got taken." Ben said, trying to reassure him.

Klaus grunted, trying to loosen the restraints around his wrists, "what if whoever took me went back to get her?"

He hadn't seen who'd taken him, he assumed it was someone in the commission as usual but the Hargreeve's always had a target on their back so it could've been anyone.

"She isn't of any use to me." A voice said as footsteps echoed towards him, it was dark with barely any light in the warehouse. There were a few windows but not enough for clear visibility in the evening.

"Listen, what do you want?" Klaus asked, "I don't have time for games."

"Oh, you have plenty of time for games, Klaus. I can keep you here as long as I want."

Klaus could suddenly see the figure as he stood in front of him, Otis, the boy he'd had a brief fling with years ago and continued to borrow clothes from his store ever since.

He laughed, "Otis! What a surprise! Did you cut your hair?"

Otis frowned, "no."

Klaus sighed, "well, what do you want? Are you still upset that I haven't paid you back yet? Or are you still in love with me?"

"Oh, Klaus... you really think the world revolves around you, it's sad." Otis tutted as he paced back and forth, meanwhile Ben was watching the pair in the distance, rolling his eyes.

"Sweetheart, it does revolve around me, hadn't you heard?" Klaus smirked.

"Shut up." Otis snapped.

Klaus raised his bushy eyebrows, pouting slightly.

"I'd always been jealous of you and your siblings... thinking why do only certain people have powers? I despised it. Then I met you, Klaus. I felt sorry for you, your powers were a burden and I took pity on you, letting you walk over me every time you came into my shop. I'll admit, I fell for you, which was clearly a mistake— "

"Can he get to the point already? Jeez." Ben sneered as he sat on the ground besides Klaus.

"Otis... I'm sorry, can you just get to the point where you tell me why you kidnapped me? It's not like you can actually hurt me, unless you bore me to death." Klaus drawled.

"Tea." Ben giggled quietly besides him.

"Fine," Otis growled, "the point is after we broke up I still despised you and your siblings powers and how everyone admired your family. That was until I was given powers of my own... and now I have the power to really hurt you, Klaus, like you hurt me."

Klaus stared at him for a moment, then grinned, "so this is about me. I knew it."

"It's about all of you. You were the first one I wanted to hurt, but the hardest to track down... it wasn't until I found sweet, little Beatrice all alone at the store where she told me where to find you." Otis said, taunting Klaus with what he knew was his weakness, Beatrice.

Still trying to free his hands, Klaus wriggled in his chair.

"I wouldn't do that." Otis warned.

"Whatever powers you say you have, Otis... you would've used them by now." Klaus said.

"Silly me, I was waiting for the perfect time." Otis shrugged, then closed his eyes.

Klaus glanced over at Ben, "what is he doing?" He mouthed.

When he opened them again, his pupils were pure white, silver streaks flashed underneath his skin.

Otis exhaled a sigh of relief, "I have pictured this moment oh so many times." Stepping around Klaus, he placed his hands on either side of his head, letting the energy pulsing through him send shock waves through Klaus's body causing him to throw his head back, his whole body shaking.

Ben stood up, watching in horror.

When Otis finally released him, Klaus's forehead was beaded with sweat.

Klaus began to laugh manically, "is that all you've got? My Father could do much worse torture than this."

"I've barely even started." Otis replied before doing it again.

Slightly out of breath from speed-walking back to the academy, Beatrice finally stood in front of the familiar doors with their infamous umbrella symbols.

Doubt started to creep in whether the Hargreeves would even trust someone they'd only met once, she knew they'd do anything for Klaus but would they believe her?

She knocked on the double doors, waiting anxiously for what felt like an eternity.

A figure appeared behind the glass, pausing for a moment before opening the doors.

"Beatrice?" Diego asked as he glanced behind her, presumably looking for Klaus.

"Diego," Beatrice was glad it was him, "it's Klaus... he's missing."

Diego examined her for a moment, "it's not unusual for him to go missing..."

Beatrice took the note from the motel from her bag and showed it to him, "he's been taken, I highly doubt it was optional."

"You'd better come inside," Alison appeared behind him, "we can trust her, Diego."

Bea smiled weakly at Alison who nodded as she welcomed her inside.

"Start from the beginning," Diego said as they all sat down in the living room, the other siblings appearing one by one, "don't leave out any details."

so who else finished tua s2 this weekend?! i am still shook ... also the rest of this book may contain spoilers just fyi :)