𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦.

Otis, the shop keeper Klaus and Bea had spoken to earlier in the day, had finished his shift early. He owned the store so he pretty much finished whenever he wanted to.

He'd known Klaus for a long time, they'd even had a brief fling a few years ago, for some reason Otis still let him get away with anything - including taking whatever he wanted from his store.

Otis had heard of the Hargreeve's having powers, and seen them on television when they were younger, he'd never wanted to risk getting on the wrong side of Klaus or any of his family.

When he locked up the store, it was beginning to get dark and the heavens had opened with heavy rain. Otis didn't own any form of transport, he enjoyed walking home even though it was quite a few blocks away.

The sky rumbled overhead and silver streaks of lighting flashed through the grey clouds in the distance. Otis picked up his pace.

The streets were strangely deserted for 7pm on a Friday night, something about it made him feel uneasy. The lighting seemed to be getting closer, worrying Otis.

He was only a block away from his apartment building when he heard a crack above him and suddenly his whole body went into shock as lightning struck him, he collapsed to the ground, paralysed.

For hours Otis lay motionless on the sidewalk, until something breathed life back into him and his eyes shot open as he gasped for air. Looking around, the streets were still empty but the clouds had parted overhead to reveal the velvet blue sky and a full moon.

Standing up slowly, he hurried back to his apartment feeling as if something was inside of him. As soon as he closed the door to his apartment he ran to the bathroom and threw up, feeling dizzy.

He knew something was wrong the minute he stood up and looked in the mirror, his pupils had dilated and something was pulsing underneath his skin. He raised his arm and watched as silver streaks raced through his veins. He rubbed his eyes, convinced he must've imagined it, but they were still there. 

Otis couldn't believe what he was seeing, and in denial he thought the lightening that had struck him had made him crazy, he headed to bed to try and sleep.

Meanwhile, Klaus was sitting cross-legged on his bed back at the academy opposite Beatrice who was listening to a mixtape he'd made her of all of his favourite music. Her eyes were closed as she swayed to the music through his head phones. Klaus was captivated by her, he'd never seen someone as magnificent as her.

Ben appeared next to Klaus, his arms crossed, "do you know what you've done, Klaus?"

Klaus looked up at his brother, "what have I done now?" he smirked.

His brother frowned, looking from Klaus to Beatrice, "oh I don't know... you bought someone back to life?! That is literally against everything the universe stands for." 

"It's not that bad." Klaus shrugged as he glanced at Beatrice who was completely oblivious to their conversation.

"Klaus... normally I don't think twice about your antics, but this is something else."

"Is it because you're jealous, brother? Because I could try and bring you back too." Klaus offered.

Ben looked offended at the offer, not even answering his question, "don't come crawling back to me when something goes wrong, because it will."

His brother disappeared as Bea opened her eyes and removed the headphones, her eyes full of excitement, "thank you, Klaus... I can't wait to re-discover the small joys of life with you."

Klaus knew in that moment as she looked at him with those glimmering eyes of hers that he'd done the right thing, no matter what came their way. 

so sorry for the wait and also for the short chapter, i'm just so unmotivated to write lately, i have the plot in my head i just can't find the motivation to write :( hopefully another update will follow soon xo